Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa Near University
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Room was excellent! Spotless, modern, well appointed, and check in was easy. I appreciate the modern color choices, lots of blues and grays. All of the furnishings are new and functional. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Rikesh P, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Right on with the wonderful review! Our entire team appreciates your loyalty to our property along with the Wyndham brand. Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham is a hotel chain under the Wyndham umbrella that delivers quality, consistent, and punctual service to all our guests along with that too we are designed for the modern appeal. Our check in and check out process is crucial to delivering hospitable service. Recently, we had our entire hotel painted and in the future we will have new carpets installed too. It is our daily mission to keep our hotel property up to 100% standards as we are committed to do the right thing on a consistent basis.

We welcome you and your family back with open arms when back in the Tuscaloosa area!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
OwnerPropertyHotel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Room was clean and staff friendly and efficient. I booked a handicapped accessible room as my dad is elderly and liked the idea of handrails in the shower. But the bathroom was scary! The tile was very slippery when wet. Water from the shower went every which way getting the floor wet. There were too many SUVs in the parking lot - not the hotel's fault! - that took up more than their share of parking places making it difficult to find a place to park at night. But it is very conveniently located and reasonably priced. And I slept well!

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Excellent review! We are dedicated to serving our guests in all the right ways and are focused on ensuring that we have a safe and hospitable environment for all.

We welcome all travelers and attend to needs from families to business travelers.

Our focus is on hospitality and we embrace our guests feedback to help improve in areas mentioned. It was an absolute delight to have you as our guest at the property.

My team and I wish you all a safe travel back and when in the Tuscaloosa please visit us as we are your home away from home.

Hospitably yours,
Microtel Inn & Suites - Tuscaloosa University

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Rikesh P, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 2 1/2 years. While the customer service is typically good, it was outstanding this past stay. I had an advance reservation, but did not arrive at the hotel until 2am. I was driving a truck and pulling a small trailer so upon my arrival I called the front desk and inquired where the desk clerk would suggest I park. The gentleman was apologetic that their parking lot could not accommodate me ( I knew in advance it would not be able to since I had stayed there previously) and he suggested where to park. He offered to walk in my direction so that I would not be walking at 2am alone and he actually met me much more than halfway. As a female traveling by myself, this was very much appreciated. The young man (Clay) was extremely polite and professional. He definitely went "above and beyond" and he made me feel safe, welcome and valued as a customer. The rooms at this hotel are always very clean and comfortable and this was the case for this stay as well. I was running a bit behind on checking out the next morning and the young lady (Latitia) who would be cleaning my room after my departure was very kind, polite and told me there was no problem with me taking extra time. Miesha, the front desk clerk on check out was also very polite and efficient. I do not typically stay at Microtel Inns though I am a Wyndham Rewards member; however, after my first stay at this hotel over two years ago, I have returned many times. The location (close to UA) is great and the area is safe. Occasionally noise has been a problem (walls tend to be "thin"), but other than that issue, I always have a very positive experience. I hope the owners/managers of the hotel realize what great staff members they have in the three mentioned above.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

We appreciate your loyalty to our property and are extremely proud of this review. As we had The University of Alabama move in date for the college we had been quite busy as families were bringing more than 4+ vehicles and am sorry for the inconvenience.

I am glad that our team members were utmost hospitable during your stay with us and that the mentioned individuals will be personally contacted by me directly on their outstanding service to our guests. We do have many female travelers and do embrace the fact of security to our guests as we provide an environment where the hotel has security measurements in place along with that stated a dedicated team.

It is our mission as owners to put our "aces in their places" and coach our teams on the overall functions of hospitality and train to deliver an exceptional service to our guests with consistency and quality to overall develop a wonderful and lasting relationship with our guests. We are a team of winners with awards for Energy Conservation and Count on Me through Wyndham where we will strive for the betterment of our guest experience.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Rikesh P, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa Near University, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I am hesistant to write a deservig review of this property because you all will flock here, While the rooms are small, its a Microtel property, its bright, clean and the staff is great.

Its convenient to the campus, stores and dining.

My kids are staying here in November and I will be back in May!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Wonderful on the review! We are glad that you and your family were able to stay with us in the City of Tuscaloosa! It is true that many visitors "flock" to our property because of our convenient location to nearby restaurants, entertainment options, Downtown Tuscaloosa, and The University of Alabama. Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham has won JD Power & Associates for over 10 years where we are credited for the professionalism of employees and cleanliness of the property. We all are appreciative of your review and look forward to your next successful stay with us.