“THE perfect location in Tuscaloosa, AL!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa Near University
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Houston, Texas
“THE perfect location in Tuscaloosa, AL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

The location is perfect, next to Target/Home Depot and across the street from Midtown Village Shopping and the mall. More important, just a couple of minutes (less than 5) from the campus of The University of Alabama. GREAT price!

There is free WiFi throughout the hotel. Flat screen TV, with movies. Free local telephone calls. There is one computer with a printer in the lobby if you need one.

I looked at both the two queen bed room and the suite, and although both are nice, I went with the suite since I would be spending a lot of time there on this trip. The suite has one bed; a small sleeper sofa; small kitchen area with sink, microwave, refrig., coffee maker. I don't recall if the other rooms have the kitchen area as well. The room did not have a table, but instead had two sections similar to a bar, one lower and one higher (more the eating area), but there is plenty of work area if you need to work. There is also a window seat with cushions, which is a nice place to read.

The hotel is clean and appears new and has a meeting room and an exercise room.

There is a breakfast offered, nothing fancy, simple but free consisting of fruit, pastries, breakfast bars, cereals, coffee, milk, and juice. Coffee is available 24 hrs. In the afternoon after 2:00 PM they offer free cookies (I have to warn you, it is hard to resist the smell of the cookies throughout the first floor.)

The staff is great, very helpful and friendly. I was in need of a late checkout, and they were happy to accommodate.

The beds were fine, not the best I have every slept on, but far, FAR from the worst, with flat pillows.

Best place I have stayed in Tuscaloosa, would highly recommend, and WILL be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
OwnerPropertyHotel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa Near University, responded to this review, 19 October 2016
Excellent review! We are dedicated to serving our guests in all the right ways and are focused on ensuring that we have a safe and hospitable environment for all.

We welcome all travelers and attend to needs from families to business travelers.

Our focus is on hospitality and we embrace our guests feedback to help improve in areas mentioned. It was an absolute delight to have you as our guest at the property.

My team and I wish you all a safe travel back and when in the Tuscaloosa please visit us as we are your home away from home.

Microtel Inn & Suites - Tuscaloosa University

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

Room was clean, beds were comfortable, kids slept well, shower was nice. TV and fridge were good. You could hear some traffic from the Parkway, but it was ok dB wise.

If the one out in Cottondale is this nice, I will stay there next time as the price was $25 cheaper a night... however I think the price was good for as nice as the room was for this location. Would definitly stay here again.

My only complaint is these people should get a new handy man, the blasted toilet rocked and it appeared that the low IQ handy man tried to glue it to the floor with 10 tubes of caulk. My suggestion to him is to go over to the Home Depot (next door), pick up some composite shims, a new wax ring... and ONE tube of caulk. Call me if you need help figuring out to do with the items on the grocery list.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

What they lack in terms of what I have seen at other hotels for a continental breakfast they more than made up for with the room. The accommodations were first class. Excellent value for the price. A tad disappointed that they only have queen size beds but again very nice room and very clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family

Fairhope, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

I took my swim team to Tuscaloosa for the State Swim Meet, and the Microtel worked with us to make sure we had a great rate and a double room for each family/swimmer going. They were very easy to work with! The hotel is very close to campus, and the rooms were clean and really nice. Each had a flat screen t.v. and comfortable beds and bedding.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business

florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2010

Stayed at a most of the other hotels in T-town and this is the best! Close to campus, convenient location, clean comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. Staff makes this place special for guests! I've stayed here a number of times over the past 2 years and every stay has been great....highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

I arrived in Tuscaloosa in the middle of football season. After spending two days trying to find a extended stay hotel. Not realizing how tough it was to find one because of Alabama football. Expecting the same answer I heard all day " We are booked on all home weekends" The sweet front desk person made a phone call to try to help me out. Turns out they are booked on home weekends, but made other arrangements for me on those days. They went out of the way to keep me as a guest. Being so far from home it was nice to find great people that really care. I would highly recommend this hotel. Very clean, great staff, nice breakfast selection.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business

Fort Mill, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

The staff could not be nicer and it the staff made our game weekend wonderful !

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family