“Made Unauthorized Charges to My Credit Card”

WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I rented 2 rooms at the Tuscaloosa Value Place in early July of 2012. My employees stayed in these two rooms until we checked out the first week of August 2012. I was a happy customer until I realized Value Place continued to charge my credit card without authorization for nearly a month before I caught it. When I disputed the charge, they only refunded 2 weeks and refused to refund the security deposit. I disputed the charge through my Discover Card, and finally got a credit for the deposit. I am sueing Value Place for the $1,149.36 charged to my credit card even though I was not at the Hotel and had checked out. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank David J
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Value Place requires guests to give a 24 hour check out notice before they leave. In this instance, we did not receive notice of check-out and personal items were left in the room, so we were not aware the guests had left. Also, the security deposit is refunded to the guest if the room is left in good condition. Value Place refunded this guest for two weeks.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I chose Value Place because it was cheaper to stay for a week. But at that price you can not expect to have everything you have at a hotel, and you have to bring your soap, towels, cooking supplies, and dishes. The internet costs $10, is broadband and you have to bring your own ethernet cord. The cable seems to not have ABC and FOX. The staff is helpful and nice. It is close to pretty much everything in Tuscaloosa.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Matt R
Reviewed 26 December 2012

got more than expected for price. staff very helpful. clean rooms. would stay again. except for having to pay extra for pretty much all of your sheets and towels also extra for internet the stay was plesent and quiet.

4  Thank frank t
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I have stayed at this particular Value Place several times and it is a good place to stay. They have a wonderful staff and they are very helpful and nice. The rooms are clean and its a very quiet place... I really have enjoyed each time that I have stayed there...

3  Thank Pamela E
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I checked in on a Wednesday and have had a good experience. I stayed on the 2nd floor. The staff is very helpful and nice. My only dislike was that the room above me has children or someone that's up running and walking very hard every morning and all that running and stomping wake me every morning. I work at night and so I'm sleep in the morning. So when they get up it's like they're about to come through the ceiling on top of me. Other than that it's a good place to stay for a short period of time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank hardbody672003
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I checked in last Sunday late and the staff was helpful. I had a room on the 4th floor with no real issues. For the price I got more than expected, it was not a bad stay.I even had a few request and there was no problem from the staff in helping me.

3  Thank Dan39157
Reviewed 17 December 2012

this is a nice motel for the money u want find nothing else that can compare to it the staff is good. they get u stuff when u need it. i will recommend this place to any one. the only bad thing i can say is. i wish they cleaned the room every day. but if u are a clean person u really ant got to worry about it.

Room Tip: the tip is stay here