“Wasn't what I expected! Can't beat the price.”

WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wasn't what I expected! Can't beat the price.”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I came into town for an Alabama football game, thinking it would be no problem to get a room in Tuscaloosa. No dice. Value Place was the only place (worth a second look) with any vacancies. I had never stayed at any extended stay facility, but I was game. The room had a full kitchen in it! The full size fridge was awesome...kept our tailgating supplies nice and cold. The staff was great, very helpful! Even gave me an alternate route to campus to avoid the painful gameday traffic. I will definitely stay with them again. I do wish they had wifi, but I can live without it!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah M
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you come to see the Crimson Tide.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I rented 2 rooms at the Tuscaloosa Value Place in early July of 2012. My employees stayed in these two rooms until we checked out the first week of August 2012. I was a happy customer until I realized Value Place continued to charge my credit card without authorization for nearly a month before I caught it. When I disputed the charge, they only refunded 2 weeks and refused to refund the security deposit. I disputed the charge through my Discover Card, and finally got a credit for the deposit. I am sueing Value Place for the $1,149.36 charged to my credit card even though I was not at the Hotel and had checked out. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank David J
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Value Place requires guests to give a 24 hour check out notice before they leave. In this instance, we did not receive notice of check-out and personal items were left in the room, so we were not aware the guests had left. Also, the security deposit is refunded to the guest if the room is left in good condition. Value Place refunded this guest for two weeks.
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I chose Value Place because it was cheaper to stay for a week. But at that price you can not expect to have everything you have at a hotel, and you have to bring your soap, towels, cooking supplies, and dishes. The internet costs $10, is broadband and you have to bring your own ethernet cord. The cable seems to not have ABC and FOX. The staff is helpful and nice. It is close to pretty much everything in Tuscaloosa.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Matt R
Reviewed 26 December 2012

got more than expected for price. staff very helpful. clean rooms. would stay again. except for having to pay extra for pretty much all of your sheets and towels also extra for internet the stay was plesent and quiet.

4 Thank frank t
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I have stayed at this particular Value Place several times and it is a good place to stay. They have a wonderful staff and they are very helpful and nice. The rooms are clean and its a very quiet place... I really have enjoyed each time that I have stayed there...

3 Thank Pamela E
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I checked in on a Wednesday and have had a good experience. I stayed on the 2nd floor. The staff is very helpful and nice. My only dislike was that the room above me has children or someone that's up running and walking very hard every morning and all that running and stomping wake me every morning. I work at night and so I'm sleep in the morning. So when they get up it's like they're about to come through the ceiling on top of me. Other than that it's a good place to stay for a short period of time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank hardbody672003
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I checked in last Sunday late and the staff was helpful. I had a room on the 4th floor with no real issues. For the price I got more than expected, it was not a bad stay.I even had a few request and there was no problem from the staff in helping me.

3 Thank Dan39157