“Excellent place to stay!”

WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 21 June 2013

A very pleasant stay. Everyone was quite helpful, especially Brittney at the front desk.
Internet is slow at times, though the service and price makes for such a slight transgression. It is still usable most time throughout the day.
I would highly recommend this establishment to family and friends.
Had absolutely no problems during my stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank James W

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I am student and needed somewhere to stay for my short, 1-month summer session at UA. It can be complicated subleasing an apartment or making arrangements for only one month, so I appreciated staying here because there were no strings attached. The staff was very friendly, and had no problems getting any of my requests filled. It is a quiet place, perfect for studying, and has all the necessary amenities for an extended stay. It is a great place to stay if you are looking for something cheap and conveniently close to UA campus.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 2nd floor near the stairs, and it was a really convenient location.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Taylor W
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for your comments! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves on being a home away from home. I hope that you will stay with us again if you ever come back to visit UA.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I have really enjoyed my stay at Value Place in Tuscaloosa. It was very clean and presentable for the affordable price and location. All employees were nice and presentable when assistance was needed. I would recommend anyone to stay here if they need a great place for a decent price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Troy C

Thank you for your comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will stay with us again soon and enjoy the new beds and TVs that will arrive in the next few weeks.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I came into town for an Alabama football game, thinking it would be no problem to get a room in Tuscaloosa. No dice. Value Place was the only place (worth a second look) with any vacancies. I had never stayed at any extended stay facility, but I was game. The room had a full kitchen in it! The full size fridge was awesome...kept our tailgating supplies nice and cold. The staff was great, very helpful! Even gave me an alternate route to campus to avoid the painful gameday traffic. I will definitely stay with them again. I do wish they had wifi, but I can live without it!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah M

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you come to see the Crimson Tide.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I rented 2 rooms at the Tuscaloosa Value Place in early July of 2012. My employees stayed in these two rooms until we checked out the first week of August 2012. I was a happy customer until I realized Value Place continued to charge my credit card without authorization for nearly a month before I caught it. When I disputed the charge, they only refunded 2 weeks and refused to refund the security deposit. I disputed the charge through my Discover Card, and finally got a credit for the deposit. I am sueing Value Place for the $1,149.36 charged to my credit card even though I was not at the Hotel and had checked out. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank David J
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Value Place requires guests to give a 24 hour check out notice before they leave. In this instance, we did not receive notice of check-out and personal items were left in the room, so we were not aware the guests had left. Also, the security deposit is refunded to the guest if the room is left in good condition. Value Place refunded this guest for two weeks.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I chose Value Place because it was cheaper to stay for a week. But at that price you can not expect to have everything you have at a hotel, and you have to bring your soap, towels, cooking supplies, and dishes. The internet costs $10, is broadband and you have to bring your own ethernet cord. The cable seems to not have ABC and FOX. The staff is helpful and nice. It is close to pretty much everything in Tuscaloosa.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Matt R
Reviewed 26 December 2012

got more than expected for price. staff very helpful. clean rooms. would stay again. except for having to pay extra for pretty much all of your sheets and towels also extra for internet the stay was plesent and quiet.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business