WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa
HIExpress.com
All reviewsplace to staycampusroomygameua
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I booked this place under the impression it was a hotel...This is a rent by the week place. When you walk in the door you are overpowered by the smell of smoke. I was expecting the normal check in process and was in shock when there was a book of rules and had to give permission for our name to be ran through the national offenders data base. We had a non-smoking room on a smoking floor...Whatever that means. The room smell of smoke and when I stripped the blanket and sheet off we almost passed out from the smell. Luckily I brought a blanket and my own pillows..Roaches on the ceiling. The towels were white see through pieces of sandpaper. We were keep up all night by whatever was going on this place..We heard foot steps all night long above us. We left as soon as we could the next morning and was told after a phone call was made they would refund us. Now all of a sudden no one remembers talking to us. I agree with a previous review..give me a box by the road, it would be better.

Room Tip: Please do not do what I did...read the reviews all the way through.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pam P
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I've emailed you separately to find out what I can do to help make it right. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Nice staff and clean rooms BUT they should emphasize this place actually specializes in economy extended stay. Rooms are extremely bare- no hair dryer, no iron, no coffee maker, no lobby, no continental breakfast, and very little soundproofing. Paper thin between floors, so you hear every footstep from above and feel as though you should tip toe in order to avoid disturbing your neighbor below. Desk hours are oddly short, there is a number to call when the desk is closed. Fortunately, we didn't need anyone- just coffee, a dryer and an iron. There is ONE iron, but it was loaned out, they didn't know where, and it wasn't returned over the weekend while we were there. Expected more for 8-week advance booking at $140/night on a football weekend considering it's off the beaten path.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank traveler2Dallas

Thank you for the feedback. You are correct, we are a weekly stay hotel. We are able to keep our prices low by only charging guests for amenities they use. I hope that if you are ever in need of a hotel for more than a couple of days you will keep Value Place in mind.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel is a very nice and quiet. The manager Brittany was extremely kind and helpful in assisting me with my reservations and my accommodations. I have stayed at this hotel for about 2 months now due to work. The rooms are very modern, clean and up to date. The staff is very friendly, helpful and professional. For a peaceful environment whether it be for business or a weekend getaway I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us! We hope that you continue to enjoy your stay. In a few months we will be undergoing a renovation. We hope that you will come back and see us once that is complete!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed for the weekend to attend the Alabama game. The room was very clean and nice. The hotel was under renovation so everything smelled new and also new comfy beds. James was extremely nice and helpful! All together a great stay! Very pleased customer!

• Stayed: October 2013
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for the feedback! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and your newly renovated room! We always appreciate hearing from our guests. We hope that you will consider Value Place again in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

All the worker are all nice and especially james and love it i feel safe and comfortable there Im staying there for a while . Love it I will tell everyone I know about it my little girls loves it the service are great as well the price u can't beat

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for the feedback! We always appreciate guest feedback. We hope you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms with new mattresses and a larger flat screen TV. Please consider Value Place for all your lodging needs.