“A great place to stay!”

WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
“A great place to stay!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at Value Place in February of 2014. I was there for a few weeks and really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very courteous. The room was very clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend Value Place.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank CKeller88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stay at value place in Tuscaloosa during busy football game weekends. I was in town for a business trip, and decided to check it out during the "off season." I couldn't believe all the changes they have made! The whole place has been renovated, top to bottom. My room was awesome, super clean as usual, but with great upgrades! They have wifi now, which has been my only complaint in the past. I wish they were a little closer to downtown Tuscaloosa, but it's not a bad drive at all.
Can't wait to come back in September!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank OhHeyThereBuddy
Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I lived here for my last semester of college and had a very pleasant stay. A staff member that stood out was James. He was always available to help with anything I needed both during andafter operating hours. He was very hospitable.

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank trichardson1
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love hearing from our guests. We strive every day to provide the best guest experience possible. We hope that you enjoyed the new mattresses and the upgraded flat screen TVs. We hope to see you again soon.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Value Place was new to me. I had not stayed in one of their properties before - my previous experiences had been with Extended Stay Hotels - but there isn’t one in or near Tuscaloosa and the other extended stay place in town never returned my calls, and seemed to charge an exorbitant rate.
My stay at Value Place was just fine. The staff - James and Brittany - at the front desk were terrific. The beds are really, really comfortable, amongst the best I’ve ever slept on while on the road. Each room has its own kitchen with microwave, fridge, hot plates but no oven and little workspace. Each room also has a 32” flat screen television with cable (though no PBS, which was odd). The laundry room was clean and all the appliances worked. My room was clean and quiet (even when the hotel was packed).
Value Place, as the name implies, is basic. My first surprise was a big one - there is nothing in the kitchen: no plates, no cups or glasses, no cutlery, no tools, no pots or pans. You can buy the necessities from the front desk if you don’t want to visit the dollar store (just down the street). There is an internet connexion, but it is slow and it is not WiFi. They tell me that the servers will be upgraded - for the meantime, any streaming needs to be done at off times. The connection is fine for standard email and web surfing. The kitchen, despite a full sized fridge, is not really a cooking kitchen because there’s no oven or grill and very little workspace.
Value Place does supply linens, towels and toilet paper. The bathroom is fine as well.
The location is good, right by I-20 and next door to Cracker Barrel.
And it was excellent value for the money - especially considering its location, the helpfulness of the staff, the pleasant atmosphere and the comfort of the rooms. So I’d certainly recommend Value Place, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk. They are extremely helpful.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Gavin976
Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate guest feedback. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible at Value Place. We are in the process of adding WiFi to our hotels. We are pleased that you enjoyed the new mattresses and 32" TVs. We hope to see you again soon during your travels.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I would recommend Value Place to anyone staying in the Tuscaloosa area. The guest services manager, James was so friendly and helpful. He made my stay very enjoyable. He was there to answer any questions that I had. The rooms were comfortable and very clean.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Travelinggir1980
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We will begin renovations at that property in the next couple of months. We hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon and see the new rooms!
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I love value place Brittany and james are the most.respected people they are very friendly and the all the works are.very nice.as well i will let anyone know that vaule place is the place.to stay love it .I'm proud to stay there i feel. Safe and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us! We try very hard to exceed all our guests' expectations. We hope that you continue to choose Value Place for your lodging needs.
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I booked this place under the impression it was a hotel...This is a rent by the week place. When you walk in the door you are overpowered by the smell of smoke. I was expecting the normal check in process and was in shock when there was a book of rules and had to give permission for our name to be ran through the national offenders data base. We had a non-smoking room on a smoking floor...Whatever that means. The room smell of smoke and when I stripped the blanket and sheet off we almost passed out from the smell. Luckily I brought a blanket and my own pillows..Roaches on the ceiling. The towels were white see through pieces of sandpaper. We were keep up all night by whatever was going on this place..We heard foot steps all night long above us. We left as soon as we could the next morning and was told after a phone call was made they would refund us. Now all of a sudden no one remembers talking to us. I agree with a previous review..give me a box by the road, it would be better.

Room Tip: Please do not do what I did...read the reviews all the way through.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pam P
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I've emailed you separately to find out what I can do to help make it right. Please respond at your earliest convenience.