Ambassador Inn&Suites Tuscaloosa
US$280
Travelocity
US$128
Great 4.5/5
Best Western University Inn(Tuscaloosa)(Great Value!)
US$115
BestWestern.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewscontinental breakfast iswould stay here againyogurtnew orleansin townnice propertybeds were comfortablenight's sleepstayed one nighta great staycleanlinesscouchmicrowavelinensuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2012

First of all there were several lights burned out in our room, which were never replaced, the microwave did not work, and there was dried feces inside and outside of the toilet running down the side. The bottom of the toilet and floor around it had hair, dust, and dried urine.

The hot tub smelled putrid.

Winston was very nice, but he was only the front desk person; we were tired and did not want to change rooms, because we had been traveling all day and were very tired by he time we discovered the feces; they never offered to send anyone up to clean the toilet or replace the bulbs. The manager never returned our call that evening.

They took $20 off our room but if I had not have had a bottle of rubbing alcohol with me for disinfecting, even the $20 would not have been worth staying in that room.

They did give us $20 off the room, but if I hadn

Room Tip: Don't stay there. Winston and the lady who prepared breakfasts were the only two positive things about this hotel. I have photos on my phone.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah K
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Pleasantly surprised at how nice this inn was. Stayed here as a stopover for one night- clean rooms w/ a very comfortable bed and nice pillows. The inn looks new and was really nice. There was a great array of food available for the continental breakfast. Would definitely stay here if I found myself in town again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Our room had five lamps and good lighting in the foyer and the bathroom - much better lighting than what we usually see in hotels. The bed had a nice assortment of pillows - not all super stuffed like we normally find. When you first sit on one of the beds, you might say "uh oh!" because it seems to be a hard ridge around the edge of the bed and a squashy middle. Nevertheless, we thought the bed slept very well. If you need a very firm mattress you probably wouldn't like it. I don't know about other room doors but we always had to pull hard and slam to get ours to lock when we were going out. The shower has what is supposed to be anti-slip strips but an older traveler would still want to be careful getting in and out of the shower.

We thought the breakfast area was nice and clean - it has a sink, too - makes perfect sense to me but you don't find that in all hotel breakfast areas. Laundry area is nice, parking is very convenient to use and all the staff members we met were very nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayed for 3 nights. Overall was happy. rooms clean, spacious, refrig/micro and staff was friendly. Good hotels in Tuscaloosa are very limited. Most everything is budget. The Ambassador is a nice new addition. However, they are a new mini chain, and they need to focus.
Here are my suggestions for improvement.
1) Business center. Ok, there is one computer. That's ok, but there is only 1 chair. Buy another $59 office supply store chair, please? Hotel has tacky signs up like "You break You buy" if you sit on the desk. Well, think about it hotel, why are people sitting on the counter - because there is not a second chair ! Many couples check their email together. Solution is so easy. Also would be nice place for people to use their notebook computer in lobby, because otherwise there is no table to put it on.
2) Breakfast center. Poor design. Most new hotels make this a side area off the lobby that is open all the time. Then they have locking cabinets below where the staff stashes all the breakfast items after breakfast. Instead this hotel chooses to cram it in a small room and lock the room except during breakfast hours. Many times, one guest in the party wants to take a nap, so it is nice to be able to go down to lobby and sit in breakfast area and do some work on notebook computer (to hotels credit, they did nicely open the breakfast area for me on request - maybe they can't trust their guests? It was not like I was gonna steal some Frosted Flakes.
3) Breakfast. Get some proteins. Breakfast was all carbs. Eggs and/or Yogurt would have been nice, and are not that expensive.
4) Lobby Closed 1030pm-630am, even to hotel guests.

Maybe I am being too critical,but I think this hotel has potential, they just need to make a few easy changes (mainly buy a second business center chair and keep the breakfast center open 24 hours and just lock up the breakfast items)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KARSTENfl
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I have stayed here every year since they opened. The room is always clean the staff is friendly. Since there is no bar or restaurant on site, it is a nice, quiet place to rest. However the are many restaurants close by (every thing from McDonalds to Lone Star). I have stayed in some high end hotels in Tuscaloosa, but they are only more expensive and not any nicer.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business