“Super clean, affordable, easily accessible and accommodating”

Ambassador Inn&Suites Tuscaloosa
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Super clean, affordable, easily accessible and accommodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

What a great stay! We are traveling back to Pennsylvania from New Orleans. We have a big moving truck with a trailer and needed a bed to sleep in for a bit. What a great surprise, this place was so nice. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to our large parking needs. The continental breakfast was great (loved making my own Belgium waffles) and the room was super clean. It was easy to get to from the highway and easy to get back. Perfect stay for our purposes. Thanks!!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

This all started out pretty innocently. I searched Google for Tuscaloosa hotels and was led to a website for the Ambassador Inn and Suites. I clicked a very prominent button on the home page for booking and selected 2 nights at $50 per night. I considered that about right for an independent hotel with no pool and no hot breakfast.

As it turned out I had unwittingly booked at an Ambassador hotel in Lafayette Louisiana. As I found out later that is the only one of the two Ambassador hotels that has online booking. So even though I was at a website for the Tuscaloosa Ambassador the online booking defaulted to Lafayette.

I found this out right before checking in. When I spoke to the desk clerk in Lafayette she sounded like someone with a 2nd grade education and simply had no intention of helping. She just said I would be charged automatically for both nights. The desk cleark in Tuscaloosa said she could get me in there but for around twice the price. Being low on options at the time I took the deal.

Long story short I wound up paying $318 for two nights instead of $112. Keep in mind that this is a very basic economy hotel.

I have filed a dispute with my bank for the difference.

I hope the extra money they pocketed is worth it to them. Because, in my opinion, you should click away from this hotel as fast as you can and book with a chain with a good track record of solving guest problems.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike J
Stafford TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

We booked at this hotel online and when we arrived in Tuscaloosa we found out that our reservation had been made at a hotel in Louisiana, who charged us for the first night since we found out after 6 p.m. Then this hotel told us they would not honor the online price and we could have to pay the current going rate. We were also told that this hotel doesn't even have online reservations. So beware when you made your reservations online and check your email confirmation carefully. The lady at the front desk told us this had happened many times. Other than that (hah!) this is an okay little hotel, though a little off the beaten track and no pool.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room and I could really hear the people upstairs walking around.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Fredericksburg, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

We have stayed in several hotels in Tuscaloosa. They are very difficult to secure during football season, so sometimes we have to settle. The Ambassador Inn & Suites is somewhere in the middle. It was clean, that is our biggest demand. It is not super convenient to campus and the main streets. They do not send an email confirmation, which made me nervous, but they did call and personally confirm 2 days before our stay. I also have called to make sure they have us on the books.
I would suggest requesting a room on the 3rd floor. This stay we were on the 2nd across from the elevator and the laundry room. We could hear laundry (shoes I am guessing) clunking around in the dryer until midnight.
We will be staying there again for a game, as it was the only place available 6 months out!

Room Tip: 2nd floor has laundry room which can be a bit noisy
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Minot, ND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Room was nice, all was clean, but we did have a few minor issues. We couldn't find the remote (it was on top of the headboard). We were asked to return the luggage cart which we'd never used several hours after we checked in so like 9 or 10pm call. At 4am we were given a wake up call we didn't ask for nor did we want. I have to give the property only an average because security. All rooms are interior, but the outside door was never locked. It easily stayed open after someone walked through it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Westward2010
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

First of all there were several lights burned out in our room, which were never replaced, the microwave did not work, and there was dried feces inside and outside of the toilet running down the side. The bottom of the toilet and floor around it had hair, dust, and dried urine.

The hot tub smelled putrid.

Winston was very nice, but he was only the front desk person; we were tired and did not want to change rooms, because we had been traveling all day and were very tired by he time we discovered the feces; they never offered to send anyone up to clean the toilet or replace the bulbs. The manager never returned our call that evening.

They took $20 off our room but if I had not have had a bottle of rubbing alcohol with me for disinfecting, even the $20 would not have been worth staying in that room.

They did give us $20 off the room, but if I hadn

Room Tip: Don't stay there. Winston and the lady who prepared breakfasts were the only two positive things...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah K
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Pleasantly surprised at how nice this inn was. Stayed here as a stopover for one night- clean rooms w/ a very comfortable bed and nice pillows. The inn looks new and was really nice. There was a great array of food available for the continental breakfast. Would definitely stay here if I found myself in town again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple