Ambassador Inn&Suites Tuscaloosa
ComfortSuites
US$122
US$112
US$102
Best Western University Inn(Tuscaloosa)(Great Value!)
US$115
BestWestern.com
US$128
Centerstone Inn(Tuscaloosa)
US$298
US$280
Orbitz.com
All reviewscontinental breakfast iswould stay here againyogurtnew orleansin townnice propertybeds were comfortablenight's sleepstayed one nighta great staycleanlinesscouchmicrowavelinensuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We recently stayed at the Ambassador Inn over a football/family weekend. We found the room clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice. I gave this place 4 stars as it was very acceptable, However, our clock radio was broken, and there was a deficit in parking at the hotel when the hotel is at capacity. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were not great. We were so tired though so it did not really matter. Breakfast is adequate, the coffee very good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank money4mice
Reviewed 26 August 2012

What a great stay! We are traveling back to Pennsylvania from New Orleans. We have a big moving truck with a trailer and needed a bed to sleep in for a bit. What a great surprise, this place was so nice. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to our large parking needs. The continental breakfast was great (loved making my own Belgium waffles) and the room was super clean. It was easy to get to from the highway and easy to get back. Perfect stay for our purposes. Thanks!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This all started out pretty innocently. I searched Google for Tuscaloosa hotels and was led to a website for the Ambassador Inn and Suites. I clicked a very prominent button on the home page for booking and selected 2 nights at $50 per night. I considered that about right for an independent hotel with no pool and no hot breakfast.

As it turned out I had unwittingly booked at an Ambassador hotel in Lafayette Louisiana. As I found out later that is the only one of the two Ambassador hotels that has online booking. So even though I was at a website for the Tuscaloosa Ambassador the online booking defaulted to Lafayette.

I found this out right before checking in. When I spoke to the desk clerk in Lafayette she sounded like someone with a 2nd grade education and simply had no intention of helping. She just said I would be charged automatically for both nights. The desk cleark in Tuscaloosa said she could get me in there but for around twice the price. Being low on options at the time I took the deal.

Long story short I wound up paying $318 for two nights instead of $112. Keep in mind that this is a very basic economy hotel.

I have filed a dispute with my bank for the difference.

I hope the extra money they pocketed is worth it to them. Because, in my opinion, you should click away from this hotel as fast as you can and book with a chain with a good track record of solving guest problems.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mike J
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We booked at this hotel online and when we arrived in Tuscaloosa we found out that our reservation had been made at a hotel in Louisiana, who charged us for the first night since we found out after 6 p.m. Then this hotel told us they would not honor the online price and we could have to pay the current going rate. We were also told that this hotel doesn't even have online reservations. So beware when you made your reservations online and check your email confirmation carefully. The lady at the front desk told us this had happened many times. Other than that (hah!) this is an okay little hotel, though a little off the beaten track and no pool.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room and I could really hear the people upstairs walking around.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We have stayed in several hotels in Tuscaloosa. They are very difficult to secure during football season, so sometimes we have to settle. The Ambassador Inn & Suites is somewhere in the middle. It was clean, that is our biggest demand. It is not super convenient to campus and the main streets. They do not send an email confirmation, which made me nervous, but they did call and personally confirm 2 days before our stay. I also have called to make sure they have us on the books.
I would suggest requesting a room on the 3rd floor. This stay we were on the 2nd across from the elevator and the laundry room. We could hear laundry (shoes I am guessing) clunking around in the dryer until midnight.
We will be staying there again for a game, as it was the only place available 6 months out!

Room Tip: 2nd floor has laundry room which can be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family