“Not worth it”

Tin Top Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A warm welcome to all from Bob and Patty Hallmark and the staff at the Tin Top Restaurant and Oyster Bar, Bon Secour, AL. You're gonna see a lot of changes online over the coming weeks but all this is to improve how we can connect with you, our loyal customers. Without whom, we would never be able to share our fantastic recipes, consistently voted by you as the best seafood and best steak in the county!
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I went here for my birthday dinner with about 8 of my friends. We ordered and it was about an hour and a half before we got our food, some of ours was cold too. I had the pecan encrusted grouper, sounds pretty good right? I took my first bite into and all I could taste was this awful salty/ fishy taste that you would expect to taste at a sketchy fish market. The waitress asked if I wanted another one, but I declined, after all it took almost two hours for this one. I haven't been back since that experience. It's overpriced for food that it is not up to par. Try somewhere else.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Crab Claws & Oysters”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

They have moved to a really nice building downtown which is much nicer than the old place.

My wife & I had dinner with our baby boy. We ordered the marinated crab claws for an appetizer. They were out if this world.

The fried oysters where also outstanding. They are large light batter & very fresh.

The seafood gumbo is full if sausage & shrimp.

They best oysters & crab claws I have ever had.

Visited January 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“New location, improved menu”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

While they still have some learning curves with the wait staff, the new restaurant in downtown Tuscaloosa is so much better than the old location. Sitting atop the hill from the beautiful Black Warrior river. Within walking distance of many businesses , shops, banks and R V parking locations. Fish tacos are a favorite as well as the variety of oysters on the half shell. Have a dirty dozen!

• Visited January 2014
Vero Beach, Florida
“fabulous Bloody Marys, very good service”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We went expecting to get brunch but were told there was no brunch since they moved from their old location. We considered going somewhere else for brunch but decided to stay at Tin Top and have lunch. We were glad we stayed.

The waiter came back shortly to say he had asked the owner (who was in the kitchen) why no brunch. The answer was quite reasonable. They will have a basic lunch and dinner menu while waiting to see how everything shakes out in the new location. We were impressed that the young man took the trouble to find out about the brunch question.

The Bloody Marys were outstanding. Garnished with a large green olive and two pickled green beans. The beans were crispy and tangy. The glass was rimmed in seasoned salt (as advertised).

An altogether pleasant meal. We will go back.

• Visited December 2013
Decatur, Alabama, United States
“Great Place”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Food is wonderful, fresh great quality & quantity. Price is very fair. Staff is attentive and helpful. Can not wait until they relocate closer ti downtown.

Visited November 2012