“Exceptional value for the price.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This was my fourth stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Tuscaloosa, as my daughter is a freshman at the University of Alabama and we have been travelling back and forth from NYC. I am never disappointed. The staff is always friendly and goes out of their way to assist you in any way they can. The rooms are extremely clean and the beds are very comfortable. My husband and I travel often and have stayed at many high end hotels. The Country Inn holds its own against these hotels because of their friendly responsive staff and the cleanliness of their rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Me and my husband have moved from North Carolina and are on our way to Alaska. We have stayed in several hotels during this trip and this has been our favorite so far. I was a little worried at first since it wasn't a chain hotel, but I do not regret getting a room here.

This hotel has a great "home town feel" about it. It's in a good area, very quiet, and comfortable. It is not as updated as some hotels, but I would rather have safe, clean, and comfortable rather than a hotel that looks "updated" and "modern". The room is very large, which is great for us since we have so much luggage and our 70 pound dog.

What I really love about Country Inn is that it is SIMPLE. The staff does not over complicate anything. Plus, they are very friendly and helpful. I also want to add that the sheets are very soft. Last night we stayed at a Sleep Inn hotel and slept with rough sheets... but the ones at Country Inn are fantastic.

If you're not picky about the way a place looks but you do want a safe, comfortable, good priced, clean, helpful, and quiet night, stay at Country Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Billiejeanne10
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My family and I stayed here two nights while visiting family. We arrived in town early and were greeted by a very friendly staff. They even went out of their way to let us check in early. The front "porch" and lobby were both comfortable and homey. There was always coffee available and even a lending library (books). The room smelled fresh and was very clean. The beds were comfortable and I slept very well. The pool area was clean and well maintained. The free breakfast included everything from waffles, eggs, and hash browns to the standard cereals, pastries, toast, and fresh fruit. The location was convenient to restaurants and shopping without being in the middle of it all. We were very satisfied with our stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Super comfy beds. Awesome staff. Love the fridge & microwave in our rooms. Breakfast variety good. We had 10 rooms for a destination wedding, and the staff made us feel like we were right at home. The cookies were warm (Otis Spunkmeyer-YUM) and rocking chairs on the front porch inviting. Great southern hospitality. Thank you, thank you, thank you... (Wish there was brighter lights in the room, especially at the table. My room was even darker than most of the other rooms.) Sam's Club and Wal-mart right around the corner for anything left at home.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor. Loved the quiet there. But the elevator was a slow mover. Hey, isn't tha...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ChattyKathy2020
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on a road trip from Canada to New Orleans. Absolutely loved this place - it was clean and comfortable and so charming. They had cookies and coffee in the lobby for guests, magazines and books that could be borrowed and a free breakfast buffet in the morning. The front porch was equipped with rocking chairs and a bench where I could go to have a smoke. We loved this place!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MamaJojo123
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Perhaps my opinion is a little biased, I manage a Country Inn & Suites in Virginia, but I do not have anything to do with this hotel. I have stayed here while visiting friends at UA, and it is a great hotel. You simply cannot beat the little details that make it feel like home.

Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Nothing really major wrong with this site. A few trivial things, like telephone cord would not stay connected to handset, had to get manger to set-up connection so we could make a long distance toll free call, and a certain spot in the bathroom between the toilet and sink reeked of BO. Complimentary breakfast was typical CIS. For the room rate we paid here, we think we can do as well for less at the Quality Inn next time.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family