“Visit to UA”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here while visiting UA and the stay was pleasant. The room was clean, had a refrigerator and the breakfast was very good the next morning. It's not too far from the school and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you so much for your comments concerning your visit to our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We always try do our best to provide our guest with great service and clean comfortable accommodations. Thank again for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

For a one day stay couldn't ask for anything more, clean comfortable room at a good rate. Free breakfast in the morning was nice. Convenient location not far from interstate, gas stations and food close by.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Luling_Buzzard
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy that you had a good experience overall. Our team appreciates all of the reviews we receive, and we hope that we can accommodate you again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Clean, spacious rooms, comfy beds, helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast is typical motel fare, uninspiring, but available. Easy to find location, right off the highway and just a short drive to the University of Alabama campus. If our travels bring us this way again we will definitely book here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and are very happy that we could accommodate you. We will make sure to pass along your kind words to all of our staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I were traveling from TX to VA and decided to stop for the night and chose The Country Inn and Suites. Check in went smoothly and quickly and the front desk clerk was very nice and pleasant. Our room was very nice and comfortable. We found everything to be clean and well kept. The only complaint that I had was that the pillows were not regular size bed pillows but were smaller square pillows. So if you turned your head while sleeping you could roll off of them. But still had a good nights sleep and a good breakfast the next morning before continuing on our trip to VA.
On our return trip we also stopped here for the night and this time I requested a regular pillow from the front desk, so they are available if needed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We are so glad that you found us and enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the pillows. We are addressing this immediately so that we are able to exceed yours and other potential guests' expectations.

We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed one night at the Country Inn & Suites in Tuscaloosa. It was our first hotel stop at the beginning of a 10 day road trip. The hotel was very close to the highway and was a nice place to stay. The beds were very comfortable and the people were very friendly. The location was, like I stated, close to the highway, but the surrounding area was very run down. We would stay here again as a one night stop on our way to somewhere else, but the area of city had nothing great to offer. We did eat at Chilli's which is located directly across the street. Overall, this was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We wish to thank you so very much for the thoughtful words. Our goal is to provide all guests with a superior guest experience.

Thank you again for selecting our hotel. Your input will go a long way in helping us improve and help future guests with their hotel options.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was a last minute trip to see my in-laws before my husband started his new job. It was not an ideal time to travel with my school schedule, but we hoped that while grandmother had the kids, we could have some couple time. We chose this hotel based on the advertised amenities and for the most part were not disappointed. The beds were extremely comfortable as well as the pillows (which were so awesome I could write an entire review about them!). The complimentary breakfast was elaborate and full of choices for all types of appetites--eggs, muffins, waffles, fresh fruit, milk & cereal, coffee, and biscuits just to name a few selections. The pool was nice but not quiet and relaxing at all. Several groups of rowdy teens in street clothes hopped the fence on multiple occasions to go swimming. As they appeared to be unattended, I simply left when they became too noisy for me to study and their boisterous play began splashing water on my kindle and notebooks. I needed the advertised business center as I am taking some online classes through my university and had hoped the computers there would serve my needs for an exam due during my stay. All went well until I went to retrieve my document and submit it to the exam folder within the class portal. There was no way to retrieve it-- even the staff had no idea how the darn thing could be coaxed into giving back my exam document. I don't have much experience with hotel business centers, so I have no reference for whether or not this is standard practice. ( I didn't have a flash drive as it had been left behind accidentally in the hustle of the last minute prep for the trip). After emailing the contents of the document to myself--no attachment was permitted--I went on to the family function and made nice with the in-laws. Later that night, after a harried trip to a Wal-Mart and last minute reformatting of the document, I was able to save to the flash drive and submit my test with minutes to spare. If that is a limitation of the computer in the business center, that should be made clear by a note or signage of some sort, in my opinion. (I want to say a special thank you to Danielle, who went above and beyond in trying to help me with this computer issue!) Finally, on our last day there, after the stress of the exam and the stress of smiling for my in-laws til my face cracked, I was ready to soak in the Jacuzzi tub and have some one on one time with my hubby. We had upgraded to the king suite in order to have the tub as an extra relaxing amenity for what we knew was going to be a stressful trip. Unfortunately it wasn't working properly. As it was almost time for us to leave, I let it go. But be advised, if you choose to shell out the extra bucks for the king suite upgrade, function test your tub early so you have time to get it working properly when you decide to use it! And take plenty of towels to the pool and leave behind your electronic devices unless you have water damage coverage from splashy teens in your protection plan!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cr_sparks

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Please accept my apology for the issues in the business center and also for the issues at the pool. We will review our process to assure we have more training with our business center and also more eyes on the happenings at the pool area. We hope you will return again soon, so that we can show you how your input was used to make our hotel better for all guests.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews on here about the hotel my family and I decided to stay and boy am I glad we did. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The beds we so comfortable the comforter was super thick and comfortable. The shower was the best I have had in an Inn and who can beat the name brand shampoo and conditioner. Great experience and if I am ever in the area again I will be staying here again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We also enjoyed having you and your family as our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review.

We look forward to having you again as our guests when you return to the area!

Safe Travels!