“NICE staff...Great place overall”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
“NICE staff...Great place overall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

This hotel was very nice...i like the way it looks like a little home. It really makes feels like a home away from home. The people there was great...and my kids really loved the fresh baked cookies & the hot breakfast...especially the waffle maker. Great place to relax at from a long drive...

• Stayed June 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

Stayed for 1 night. I liked that I had a fridge and microwave but the room had a bad smell. I think they had sewage issues. The hotel could use a face lift. It's only an 8 minute drive from there downtown area, which offers a lot to do.

• Stayed September 2010
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

This hotel is very nice...the rooms are great and the entire staff is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed February 2010
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

I was passing through Tuscaloosa and stayed at this hotel after reading a number of reviews online. Everything is pretty average -- the hotel itself is modern and the rooms are mid-sized. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was a bit underwhelming for this class ... a few cold items and a waffle maker. I'm not a huge fan of the style of the place in general -- the swimming pool is tiny, the front "porch" is a bit of a joke, etc -- but it was a very comfortable stay and I didn't have any trouble with check in or check out.

Unless you like interstates and highways, there is nothing convenient about the location. It takes about 15 minutes to get downtown and I would have much preferred staying closer (within walking distance) to the restaurants, bars, etc, downtown.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank pdgoodman
Gadsden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

I stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Tuscaloosa once a month for business. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure we are comfortable. The hotel is always clean and I have never had a problem. I have been visiting there monthly for almost a year.

1 Thank lhill256
Montgomery, AL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

I have stayed at various Country Inn & Suites, but this one is a disgrace to the franchise Country Inn & Suites. This hotel is not maintained inside at all. It is an old hotel and it appears the rugs in the hallway or the rooms were never shampooed. They are filthy. I would think of walking around the room barefoot. The furniture was old, scratched up, and chairs wobbled. The so called desk was a beat up table which was barely large enough to open up my lap top. You had to keep the bathroon door closed to exit and enter the room. The Continental breakfast was a joke. There was no fruit, etc. and stale bagels. I had to go to the front desk to replenish the washclothes (they'd take them but would leave clean ones). I could go on and on. The only nice thing I can say is that the staff was nice. One staff member offered to upgrade me to a Suite. We went to look at it and it was as bad as my room. So I stayed where I was at. My team member was telling me about his room.. It was like he was describing mine. I went and looked at it and yes it was just as bad. The owner just wants your money. He or she obviously has no intent on living up to the high standard that the Country Inn & Suites is suppose to represent. Don't stay there and pay into the managers slush fund!

4 Thank MackTruck89
Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

Upon check-in I was offered a room that had dirty towels on the floor and a bed that looked as though it has been slept in. I went back to the front desk to inquire about the apparent mix-up. I was then given another room and told that I was given a free upgrade like I won the lottery. The 'free' breakfast consisted of ALL processed foods. Stale bread, cold cereal and 2 (two) biscuits in the bread warmer...TWO. Fresh fruit consisted of 2 (two) grapefruits and one lonely apple. Not offering breakfast at all would be an immense improvement. I returned to my room on Day 2 and there was no face towels in the room. I called the front desk and was told "You can come down and get some if you like." It has been 10 years since I've stayed in a Country Inn hotel but it will be MUCH longer before I make a judgement error like this again. The overall management of this hotel need improvement and it might be time for Carlson to make a surprise inspection of this establishment.

1 Thank shauste