“Awesome Staff and great location”
Review of Centerstone Inn

Centerstone Inn
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Hoover, Alabama
“Awesome Staff and great location”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. Great property, Chris, hotel's GM and Jay were awesome. I don't recall ever experiencing such outstanding customer service. I will definitely stay again and will recommend this hotel to others. Good renovation job.

Greatly appreciate all your effort, Chris. My husband and our friends enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: King suite was very spacious. Loved the fact that the hotel is non-smoking property.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was very hesitant to stay here because of some of the previous reviews. However, I have stayed at this hotel twice and the only problem I had was with the toilet on the first stay. Decent enough breakfast. Room was comfortable with a fridge and microwave, which is rare these days. Flat panel television. Free wifi.

I want to go on record and say that Brooke was absolutely WONDERFUL at the front desk. My 17-year old son needed a blue ink pen to finish the rough draft of an essay. I went to the front desk and Brooke managed to secure me a blue ink pen for my son (note: the pen was not at the front desk...she contacted a regular guest whom she knew always had pens on him and he brought it right down). She was very friendly upon checking and appreciated the fact that I spoke up about having a pet with me.

First choice? Not really. I'm used to 3 stars and up. Stay again? I would.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Rikesh P, Owner at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for checking in with us just a quick information about the hotel property status it was recently acquired in early September of 2013. Upon the take over of the hotel we have done a complete renovation with new bedding, granite counter tops, accent ceiling walls, updated the lobby, and had all the rooms painted too.

It is true that our rooms do have microwave and refrigerator as it is an amenity we feel our guests need along with value. At a lot of hotels the Wi-Fi is a service fee but, we want to ensure that all our guests have a hospitable stay with us therefore, it is complimentary.

All our team members will go out of their way to improve the level of service that our guests receive either it be a pen to be taken to the room or bringing breakfast to a guest in need. We are a pet friendly hotel with certain rooms designated for our pet friends.
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

All staff were friendly and accommodating and the room was clean upon arrival and remained so for each of the 5 days we were there. The breakfast was a bit limited but adequate. The location was good with the interstate next door.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Joliet, Montana
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Being a construction worker I stay in many hotels all over the country; so, to give a review (this being my first) is saying a great deal considering I've been doing this for 30 years. Staying at the same hotel for nearly 5 months gives one an overview that most travelers do not get to experience. That being said I have gotten to know the owners, the management and the staff. When you check into the Centerstone Inn although you are a guest they somehow make you feel as if you are so much more. Chris, Brooke, Jay, Jeremy and Dexter are so welcoming that you forget you're in a hotel. They are professional and yet have an uncanny ability to make you feel like family. One of the other guest I spoke with told me that she and her husband had gone to almost every other hotel in the area in which she tested every mattress to have a good sleep: she chose Centerstone Inn and I agree 100%. So, to all my fellow travelers-don't waste your time hopefully expecting a good stay---just go where you know you will have a good one.

Room Tip: Don't settle on a regular room (although they are all great) upgrade to a suite because the pric...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Rikesh P, Owner at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
The entire team is gracious for not only this review but, your overall loyalty towards us. We do not know even without where to start as we all have grown together like a family over the past year! It has been wonderful to hear the feedback and it is quite true that we will deliver our utmost "Southern Hospitality".

As the hotel has gone through renovations our guests have been very cooperative and appreciative of all the wonderful upgrades from the granite, the new updated bedding, and the room paint. We are proud to be part of a great & safe area in Tuscaloosa located next door to a Cracker Barrel.

All our room attendants, guest service sales, General Manager (Chris Pearson), and Ownership are joyous to have the family oriented guests that we do have to keep making memorable experiences each time. The hotel too does offer Double Queen, Vimana King Suite, Single Queen, and ADA (American Disabilities Act) Compliant rooms for all our guests.

Our guests come from various places not only within The United States but, too internationally where it is a safe haven within Tuscaloosa from our target markets: families, sporting teams, business travelers, leisure travelers, mature market, and tours.

Our mission is to ensure that all our guests receive a hospitable stay along with that we strive to deliver the experience close by the core values of our ethics in which we want to provide a wonderful service with quality, consistency, and value- Rikesh K. Patel (Chief Operating Officer)
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

First I will say the staff working at night when we showed up was helpful and polite. However, the place is run down and not taken carw of. The first room they out us in smelled so strong of frebreeze that you could taste it in your throat. They guy was polite and got us another room. The new room the shower curtain was broken, the beds throw comforters had stains, the window curtain was broken, trim in bathroom was missing as if door had been kicked in, the toilet paper got wet because shower curtain wouldn't stay closed, and the handicap rail was broken. Friendly customer service is the only reason I am giving this place a 2.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephen M
Rikesh P, Owner at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you all for staying with us and we do apologize for the inconvenience of the property. We have recently completed renovations at our hotel and that does include new bedding with top covers that are elaborately designed with our consumer in mind. Our rooms are sprayed with Eco-Friendly chemicals that are not harmful to our guests or the environment around us but, we were more than glad to move you all to another room.

At the time of being in another room we have taken out some framing for our granite installation. Our room attendants, maintenance, guest services, management, and ownership do apologize for the inconvenience and if you can email gm@centerstoneinntuscaloosa.com we will be more than glad to take care of any further issues along with that we would like to give you all a free night stay and show you all that we are a caring property that would like to do the right thing for all our guests.

Thank you for mentioning that our team has done a wonderful job for you all at the hotel property as they do strive to ensure that all our guests receive a hospitable stay and that we have a great work culture in which all our team members strive to be superstars within the hospitality industry.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Annual business trip from Atlanta to New Orleans and caught in winter weather. Found this jewel off the interstate. Everyone was warm and welcoming, place has had a facelift by courteous & attentive managers and owners. Security is top-notch, important when arriving late in the evening and unknown. Rooms were clean and staff was attentive and helpful whether it was late night staff or day. Arrived late so wanted peace and quiet and that is exactly what we got. Missed breakfast but Chris made sure we had fresh brewed coffee and breakfast. This will be a destination from now on.

Room Tip: We were facing the highway and children were down the hall. Room was extremely quiet. You can not g...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jenn C
Livingston, Alabama
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was truly impressed with the hospitality shown to me during my stay at this hotel. Being away from home in the icy weather last night, it was particularly comforting to stay at a hotel with such caring and understanding staff. Of particular value to me was the young man at the front desk. JAY went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. Because of his courtesy, I will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Ashley L
Rikesh P, Owner at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
At the Centerstone Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa all our employees are very charming and have an overall aura of ultimate southern hospitality. Room attendants, guest services, and management are extremely proud that you all were able to stay with us during the ice storm in which we did have a full house of guests. It does bring us much joy to be accommodating and overall it is very rewarding to have a review such as this because it does show that our hotel operations are in sync with our high level of service and standards. We are extremely proud with Jay's attention to detail on serving you and your family at the property.

Room attendants, guest services, management, and ownership do wish you all a safe trip back home and do look forward to your return. The hotel property is going through a renovation in which when you all are back in the Tuscaloosa area there will be more surprises and updates to come!