“Over Rated”

Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Paris
“Over Rated”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review because I saw a 2013 Trip Advisor award sign at reception. I arrived about 10 pm after traveling four hours. After ringing the bell at the desk four times, the attendant finally arrived after fifteen minutes as I was drafting an email to the general manager whose business card was displayed.

Check-in went fine and I went to my room. Upon entering, I found that the sheets were clean, but the carpet had the grimy never been cleaned feel to it. The AC was on full blast after a mildish day temperature wise. It was freezing in the room. I found that there was no shower curtain, so I went to the front desk, and fortunately one was retrieved for me after a short wait.

During the night, I found that the toilet flapper didn't hold water, so in order to flush, I had to push it down for the tank to hold water and lift the float to flush because the lever chain had too much slack. For what this roadside hotel is, it's better than nothing.

I have stayed in worse, but have also stayed in far better.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JaySpiegel
Rikesh P, Owner at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail. You are absolutely right our guest services team had been serving another guest but, we will improve to enhance our guest response to check ins therefore, we will reduce down any errors. I appreciate your review as we strive to continuously improve with the input of our guests.

General Manager Mr. Pearson will be contacting you directly to resolve the issues that you experienced with us as we want to welcome you back as we will do the right thing for you and your family once back in Tuscaloosa. Our contact is 205-556-3232 and gm@centerstoninntuscaloosa.com

We want to provide excellent service in which we did not deliver but, we are believers in doing the right thing as our guests bring warmth to our hotel property. We will be taking care of you and I personally will follow up on the matter. Our check in process deliver is to be prompt, ,personable, punctual, and professional to equal the definition of hospitality. It will be a pleasure for us to resolve the issue(s) experienced.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Villa Rica, Georgia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night on our trip to New Orleans. We arrived around 1130 and were checked in very quickly. The lobby area was very clean and nice. We booked a king suite- with a King size bed and a pull out couch. There was a refrigerator in the room as well. The bed was extremely comfortable. My husband had breakfast in the dining area; he said it was good, what you would expect from a continental breakfast. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rikesh P, Owner at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hallelujah for your honest review of the hotel property our entire team is focused on delivering quality guest service to all our clients that stay with us. We are glad that you and your husband had a great time with us during your wedding trip to New Orleans. Our King Suites are a large room compromised of one room with a king bed and in the other addition of the room a pull out sofa couch, mini-wet bar, micro/fridge along with a large bathroom.

Our entire team does congratulate both you and your husband a wonderful life together and we are honored to have been part of your memories early within your marriage. With that stated when you all come back in the Tuscaloosa area I personally invite you both back to our hotel for many memories to be created with us.
Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Room and lobby area clean enough, bed was very comfortable. Staff was prompt, friendly, and helpful. No swimming pool was kind of a bummer, but no time to use it anyway and they offered a discount to a nearby swim park. Breakfast was basic but adequate. Its not a 5 star resort, but it is economical and adequate. I would stay again for sure, as i said comfortable bed!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just moved my son into his dorm at UA and spent two nights here. For the money, it was a great value. I was especially pleased by the lighting and quality of the linens. The location met our needs and it was convenient to the highway. The parking lot was well lit. The front desk staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Rikesh P, Owner at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Roll Tide to this review! It brings us a lot of joy to see students aspiring in their academics along with sporting careers to stay with us here at Centerstone Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa. Our hotel does definitely have value in mind with the room rate we do include: hot breakfast, wifi, micro/fridge, hospitable and clean environment. As a 100% non-smoking property we welcome families, business travelers, reunions, and those that would like to experience a safe and clean environment.

It is definitely true that all our linens along with towels are cleaned thoroughly as we want to have our guests experience bliss at our hotel property. Security is a must for all our guests (especially female travelers) where our property does have full security camera access around the hotel and that our hotel is well lit from the exterior. As an interior property we have 24/7 guest service and our team is trained to ensure all guests are taken care of as hospitality is a daily mission for us.
New Jersey
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this motel through Hotels Tonight. Jay was friendly upon check in. As a previous reviewer said... it looks great until you look closely... "like putting lipstick on a pig". It has supposedly been renovated lately. The walls are colorfully painted but the carpets are filthy in the hallway and in the room. We were given the queen suite which was spacious with a nice seating area, however, the upholstery on the chair and couch were stained and dirty. The bathroom was spacious but the light over the sink did not work.The room was a frosty 63 degrees when we arrived so we turned off the air conditioner and the room then smelled pretty musty. We were hopeful for a nice breakfast buffet in the morning but were disappointed. The standard fare was there with a few twists. There was a vat of grey sausages. We searched for the usual scrambled eggs but there were none so we were a bit confused. I decided to go for a hot tea, yogurt and cereal. Hot water... barely even warm. Nice cooler but no yogurt. Raisin Bran... good. Nice sticky floor though. I do not expect perfect decoration and luxe in this price point but attention to cleanliness is paramount

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank babobear1
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Centerstone Inn used to be a different hotel when it was new. As is common in the industry, hotel ownership changes, or they are constantly in renovation.

First thing that got me curious was the sign at check in. We are adding $1.00 to your room charge for a safe provided. Please let us know at check out if you would like this refunded. A clause about if it is in the safe, your protected up to $5,000.00.

I normally wouldn't of booked at this hotel, but there was a lot going on in town with the college, and my normal choices were full. The location is right off the highway, but about 8 miles from actual downtown. There aren't a ton of options for eating close by.

One poor overtaxed individual was on staff at any one time, and maybe only one cleaning person. The poor kid couldn't keep up with everything. He was friendly and cordial, and was helpful in finding a place to eat in town. He did the best he could.

This hotel had probably one of the worse remodels I have ever seen. Their was paint overspray everywhere, the caulking was poor, and the furnishings of the room were not updated. The pictures on the internet look great, but once you really look at the room, you can see the poor quality of work that was done in the remodel. Lipstick on a pig is what my grandpa use to say.

My bed cover had stains on it, tossed it off the bed. The bed was squishy and old, and the A/C unit looked like it been to the dark side and back. It's thermostat control had about a 5-10 degree swing in it.

Internet went up and down (I think it was more a band width issue than signal), plug sockets wouldn't hold any of my electronics in them. Blinds were old....the list goes on and on.

The breakfast was the worse I have ever seen. No cooking spray for the waffle maker (waffles stuck for everyone), no butter out, sausages were the only other hot option, no milk for the cereal. The milk got remedied by the front desk person, but it was only towards the end my brief stay for a cup of coffee and a waffle. The breakfast area was small, crowded, and in much too small of an area.

Upon checking out I had my $1.00 refunded. If I wouldn't have been so tired from a whole day of motorcycle riding, I would of moved on to the next town.

Room Tip: Book away from ice machines and elevators.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank DeepBlueDives
Rikesh P, Owner at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
We do not charge $1 for safe fee and any signage of that has been removed completely. Our beds were replaced at the hotel with the new bedding type that is used within the industry equivalent to Wyndham and Choice hotel properties. Our remodeling is being finished this upcoming month before the football season in Tuscaloosa as we want to ensure that our guests have a comfortable, safe, and valuable stay.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience of your stay and if you email gm@centerstoneinntuscaloosa.com we will be more than glad to help you and your family with anything in the future along with are willing to reach out with you to take care of any issues that were experienced. Centerstone Inn & Suites appreciates your input and we are taking action on problems that were experienced during your stay therefore, we can deliver a quality and consistent stay. Our breakfast items should definitely be stocked up all the time during breakfast hours and we will be having additional team members at the hotel property during our busy times. The hotel is a family friendly environment and we are located next door to Cracker Barrel here in Tuscaloosa.

We do wish you and your family a safe trip back home and when back in Tuscaloosa we do welcome you all back because our hotel will be renovated further.

Hospitably yours,

Rikesh Patel
Somewhere Alabama
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed here several times in the past 3 years. They did have a few smoking rooms, but they do NOT anymore. Also, the pool has been filled in with concrete, so not real refreshing. They do allow pets for a $20 per night charge. Beds are okay, room size is average. They are friendly, free breakfast is a few generic selections. Cracker Barrel is next door !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family