“Terrible!”

Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Altamonte Springs, Fl
“Terrible!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Unfortunately we waited too long to book a hotel for college move in weekend, and this was the only place available. Holes in the wall, obvious leaks in ceiling, stained chairs and carpet, holes in comforter, cig butts on floor - the list is endless! Staff at front desk were courteous however. If we had any other choice we would not be here!!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Donna A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is our second week at Masters Inn... we are waiting on our home to be ready and needed an affordable safe motel for me to stay while mu husband is on the road working~I am not sure how long the owners now have taken over but the entire team works to remodel and improve our stay every day I have nothing but time to watch them... also maybe some of the bad reviews should realize that this is not the galleria nor is it holiday inn if you want more pay more.

We rent weekly at $288 that includes a good hot breakfast clean sheets,towels a beautiful CLEAN pool that the manage ment keeps the locals out of for paying guests which was a pleasant surprise~we are limited on our choice of places to stay as I have a Chihuahua and this motel IS pet friendly at 3 bucks a day for pet which is fair.

The security here is tops for those of us that are working class... it is well lit at night and thus far we have had no problems if you do just report it and trust me the manager/owner take care of it asap... our tub does have a few stains from prior hot water leak on faucet I did bleach everything before using but I do that anywhere... the one complaint I will say is that the mexican workers have no respect for other guest and take every bit of food available EARLY a.m. This should be addressed by management with no take out food (to others not even staying here) and a limit on the breakfast items for EACH guest... The grits are slow cooked and real butter!

I would recommend this to family and friends not sure what some expect for what they pay here... Masters Inn is clean safe and affordable love the pool... I am a white female 50 years old with my little dog and am enjoying my stay here. Bring your own hygiene products if you are accustomed to high maintenance. I would have given five stars if not for the breakfast issue of no food after the mexicans hit it up... Will stay here again if same Owner.

Room Tip: If you ARE picky about low budget rooms ask for a room up front... most of the people with kids use...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Calabama
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My mother had reserved a room for two nights and when she tried to cancel her reservations and give her a refund, the clerk was rude and refused to give my mother her money back. We're well aware of the policy that if she decides to cancel her reservations two days before her stay then she'll only be charged for the first night, but now they want to charge her for both nights. Now, she doesn't even feel comfortable staying there because they are so rude, so now she is sleeping in my dorm room with me. Overall, the service and employees are absolutely HORRIBLE, do NOT stay here. If I could give a lower rating, I would.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Nicole M
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I went to get a room. They had it super cheap, about $220 a week. Since the room was refundable, I asked to look at the room before sliding my card. First of all, the pool looked horrific. It was a murky brown with trash floating in it. They could have at least put a pool cover over it. I asked for a nonsmoking room, but upon entering the room, I was hit with the smell of the stalest cigarette smell ever! It felt like the room had never been aired out. The carpet was absolutely filthy and disgusting! Forget a shampoo, they need to pull it. There was a scrawny box tv on the stand, and the walls and curtains were dirty. I have no idea how that hotel has stayed in business. I quickly returned the card key and said no thank you. The lady asked me what was wrong with the room. I said what ISN'T wrong with it? Glad I checked it out before buying! I went across the street to Americas Best Value Inn instead and payed the $320 a week to stay there!

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank HoneyLove210
Smiths, Alabama
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have not even stayed in the hotel yet. I called to make a reservation and the clerk was very rude. Going into this I am aware that this hotel has a one star rating. However, it is the cheapest and I figured I could take my own bed linens and pillows and walk around in house shoes. And..the money I saved on the hotel stay I could spend elsewhere. For the amount of time we are going to spend in this room I will take the negative comments and overlook the lack of hospitality and hope for the best.

Again, if you are calling to book this room, don't expect them to overly excited about you staying at their hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank wink1966
Tampa
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This place had the lowest price on a room for the Alabama football game, but that's the only thing it has going for it. Our room in the hotel was of very low quality by American standards. Old. dirty carpet. Big gaps between bathroom fixtures and the wall. An old "tube" television from 1992. Bedspreads that have probably never been cleaned. And...yes, you guessed it.....a roach. During the night we could hear the guests on the second floor walking around above us, illustrating the poor quality of the building. On the good side...if there is one...the sheets were clean and the shower had plenty of hot water. And ...oh yeah....did I mention the price was the cheapest in town. Bottom line....this is really a rough hotel. Come to Tuscaloosa Friday. Spend one night. Get up Saturday morning and go watch the game ....cheer for the Crimson Tide ...then get out of town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank tufast4bulls
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We decide to take a last minute road trip for the Bama/Tennessee game. We booked this room a week before the game because it was the only hotel with rooms available. We checked a few days before the game and saw some other hotel rooms opened up at other establishments. We tried to cancel at the Masters (with over a 48 hour advance). They refused. At this point, the price for this hotel dropped $100. Upon checked in, the refused to give us the current rate. Once we got into the room, to say it was disgusting is an under statement. There was staining on the bedding and all over the carpeting including what appeared to be a puke stain next to one of the beds that was never cleaned up. There was a hole in the tile within the shower, unidentified tiny hairs in the corner of the bathroom floor and mold on the bathroom ceiling. Molding within the main room was missing and the drywall behind it was crumbling. Within 5 mins of being in the room, the lamp shade fell off the hanging lamp and we were unable to put it back on. Definitely don't expect any amenities at this place such as shampoo, coffee pot, hair dryer or any of the other common comforts offered at most places. There is a pool which was green and had trash floating in it and we had a mini fridge in our room which was all scratched and rusted. we named it the freddie kruger fridge. If we ever find ourself in this situation again, sleeping in the car would be a much better option!!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends