“Too pricey for a college town” 3 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Bar, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: Wings U is Home of the First and Only Coal-Fired Oven in the State of Alabama. Wings U Features an amazing selection of Americana Cuisine; The Philly Cheesteak, Buffalo Wings, Hamburgers, Seafood Jubilee and our Coal Fired Pizza. Wings U is unique Americana Cuisine that is prepared Fresh with an amazing selection of Made-from-Scratch dishes.
Lexington, Kentucky
“Too pricey for a college town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was staying at the Holiday Inn Express on a business trip so I decided to walk over to Wings U for dinner and a coupe of drinks.
The first thing that I noticed was that the HUGE bar that is inside was almost toally empty at 6:30 in the evening so I sat down and asked for the happy hour specials and was told that HH ends at 6:30. That explains the empty bar I guess. Most other bars that I frequent run HH specials until 7:00.
So I order a calzone and a pint of some local brown ale. The calzone is HUGE and fairly priced at 8 bucks but it is almost all cheese with very little meat.
I peeked at my bar slip and saw that my pint of local Ale was 7 bucks!
I asked the friendly bartender if it was cheaper to simply order a domestic pitcher and was told that it was much cheaper to go the pither route. I ordered a pitcher of Miller Lite and noticed that it was10 bucks. Again, not in line with a weeknight special at most other bars.
I know that I have been out of college for quite some time now but the drink prices are very high for a major college town on a ho hum Tuesday evening!
Search out a better value elsewhere as the food quality does not justify the upcharges on the drinks.

Visited May 2013

Russellville, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“large group - great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

We had a large group (26) and we called ahead. When we got there the tables were pushed together and the servers were ready for us! The service was great, the food was delicious, and the prices were good! Wings U has a great atmosphere. We had a great experience and I would definately eat here again.

• Visited April 2013
Cleveland, Tennessee
“mojontuscaloosa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Good food, nice location. Pizza was quite a surprise, much better than wings, loved the fries. Most importantly the beer was cold....reasonably priced - good service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jackson, Mississippi
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We loved the fun atmosphere and the food. Also a great location where you can walk around and shop a little.

Visited April 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I had the best service ever at Wings U. Our waitress constantly came over to check on us until the rest of our party arrived! Her menu selections were on point. She suggested the buffalo chicken pizza. It was awesome; one of the greatest pizzas that I have ever had. The caesar salad is very untraditonal but very good. I will return soon and hopefully I will get seated in Mary's section. She was awesome.

• Visited February 2013