“My 10yr old son got bit by fleas 78 times!”
Review of Motel 6 Tuscaloosa

Motel 6 Tuscaloosa
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Fort Payne, Alabama
“My 10yr old son got bit by fleas 78 times!”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband's father passed away and we were in from Northern Alabama. We pull up at this hotel and it looked okay in the daylight but when it got dark this place turned into a living nightmare. My children 9 and 10 got ate up with flea bites. My 10 year old got bit 78 times. There were roaches on the walls also. I never knew he was getting ate up like this until he started showing me bugs up in the legs of his pants. There were so many prostitutes, drug addicts, and other shady people at this hotel just hanging around in the parking lot. I was so afraid that our vehicle would be broken into to. My husband left and I was there with the kids and 4 different times someone tried opening my door to my room. There were dents in the steel doors! After about 2 hours in this nightmare hotel I packed my stuff, and told my family to take off running to our vehicle. People were yelling and cussing and i didn't know what to do. Later on we came back and demanded our money be refunded. We got the refund after my husband threatened to call the police. People don't just stay here for one night, they live here. Prostitutes and pimps along with drug addicts work out of this hotel. We went right down the road to the Super 8 and it was so much better. In my life I have been scared beyond beleif 2 times and this was one of those times. Don't ever stay here please it is NOT safe! It is really dirty also. Feces on comode seat, no tolietries, no towels, no coffee pot, no fridge, no NOTHING. Once again PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IT IS DANGEROUS IN MANY WAYS.....spend $24 extra dollars and go to the Super 8 right down the road!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank littlegurl111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 12 June 2011

This hotel was disgusting! Roaches in room, pubic hair in shower.....a lot of it to, shady people. We left and went to super motel 8 much much better! Motel 6 should be free to sleep in. Right when I got there I got asked for money, cigarettes, being stared and pointed at by scary men, prostitutes walking around......HORRIBLE

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank missourigirl316
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Terrible showed up . Went to put grocerys away there was rotting chicken in the fridge and a gallon of spoiled milk . We were paying 220 a week then the massive tornado hit and they wanted to charge me almost 500 a week. Told the clerk to get bent. Also roaches Omg never seen so many

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank babyboy_2684
Lake Alfred, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Checked in late, the staff was incredibly friendly. Check out in the morning was just as pleasant. Room was great for quick over night stay, seemed to be recently renovated and the price was fantastic! I would recommened for a quick stay for just a couple people, the room was a bit small for a vacation spot. The hotel is located near resturants, nice area and only a few minutes to University of Alabama campus.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank H_Winchester1219
Florida
Reviewed 22 April 2010

What ever you do, DO NOT take your pets with you to this Ghetto Hotel. Also the front desk staff is rude and the manager does not have a clue about squat.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank robert_228
Alabama
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Watch out for Motel 6 in Tuscaloosa Travelers!!!! Extremly rude and unprofessional staff!!!! Very unpleasent stay !

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank AshaAlabama
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 November 2009

I stayed at this hotel this past Saturday night with a friend. It was the most moderately priced we could find in the area because of a football game that was going on. We checked in after the game was over, and got a room with 2 double beds for $45.99 + tax. Check in was easy, but the lady at the front desk had an awful cough! Gross! But she did use hand sanitizer in open view, so I guess that counts for something? The room was small, with 2 queen beds. One bed was right up against the ac/unit which was awkward. The bathroom was small, and only had a shower. There was no bath mat, and only 2 bars of the cheap soap that makes you dry and itchy. I did see alot of stray hairs that were not mine or my friends in the shower, sink and on the floor and toilet. Again...GROSS! The bed linens looked clean, but I dare not look at them under one of those infrared beam thingy's. I am sure I would have ran out screaming! I brought my own pillows and blanket anyway. There were hardwood flooring instead of carpet, which is good...but also allows you to see the debris very clearly on the floor! If you just need a place to sleep or shower for cheap, this is the spot. I would not recommend this for families. Hopefully, I wont have to ever stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends