“a place to sleep and that's it!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Tuscaloosa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Motel 6 Tuscaloosa
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“a place to sleep and that's it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Not a safe room at all. The lock on the door was a joke. Guest service is not a priority, bed was not made for 3 days, dirty towels were picked up daily, clean towels were thrown on the unmade bed. One towel only in a room with 2 adults. On our second day no towels were left at all, called front desk and told that there were not enough towels ready and the cleaning staff had to get off the clock and we could go to the front desk to get them if we wanted them. Shower was way too small even for a small woman and the entire bathroom floor was wet when you finished.
This is not a place I would stay again, even though the price was low it was a pretty awful place.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karen R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

The whole property is filthy nasty and trashy.. The people that are staying inthe rooms are scary.. Cops were in and out all night.. They even have a security guard on duty! It's that bad.. The felt like I was in the ghetto! Stay away. The a/c was very noisy when it cycles on and off.. Old units.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Limomike
Fort Payne, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband's father passed away and we were in from Northern Alabama. We pull up at this hotel and it looked okay in the daylight but when it got dark this place turned into a living nightmare. My children 9 and 10 got ate up with flea bites. My 10 year old got bit 78 times. There were roaches on the walls also. I never knew he was getting ate up like this until he started showing me bugs up in the legs of his pants. There were so many prostitutes, drug addicts, and other shady people at this hotel just hanging around in the parking lot. I was so afraid that our vehicle would be broken into to. My husband left and I was there with the kids and 4 different times someone tried opening my door to my room. There were dents in the steel doors! After about 2 hours in this nightmare hotel I packed my stuff, and told my family to take off running to our vehicle. People were yelling and cussing and i didn't know what to do. Later on we came back and demanded our money be refunded. We got the refund after my husband threatened to call the police. People don't just stay here for one night, they live here. Prostitutes and pimps along with drug addicts work out of this hotel. We went right down the road to the Super 8 and it was so much better. In my life I have been scared beyond beleif 2 times and this was one of those times. Don't ever stay here please it is NOT safe! It is really dirty also. Feces on comode seat, no tolietries, no towels, no coffee pot, no fridge, no NOTHING. Once again PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IT IS DANGEROUS IN MANY WAYS.....spend $24 extra dollars and go to the Super 8 right down the road!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank littlegurl111
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

This hotel was disgusting! Roaches in room, pubic hair in shower.....a lot of it to, shady people. We left and went to super motel 8 much much better! Motel 6 should be free to sleep in. Right when I got there I got asked for money, cigarettes, being stared and pointed at by scary men, prostitutes walking around......HORRIBLE

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank missourigirl316
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

Terrible showed up . Went to put grocerys away there was rotting chicken in the fridge and a gallon of spoiled milk . We were paying 220 a week then the massive tornado hit and they wanted to charge me almost 500 a week. Told the clerk to get bent. Also roaches Omg never seen so many

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank babyboy_2684
Lake Alfred, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

Checked in late, the staff was incredibly friendly. Check out in the morning was just as pleasant. Room was great for quick over night stay, seemed to be recently renovated and the price was fantastic! I would recommened for a quick stay for just a couple people, the room was a bit small for a vacation spot. The hotel is located near resturants, nice area and only a few minutes to University of Alabama campus.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank H_Winchester1219
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2010

What ever you do, DO NOT take your pets with you to this Ghetto Hotel. Also the front desk staff is rude and the manager does not have a clue about squat.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business