“Ok For Overnight Stay”
Review of Motel 6 Tuscaloosa

Motel 6 Tuscaloosa
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

I needed a place to rest during a recent road trip. This Motel 6 location was convenient to the major highway and was priced around $40. Though the price was quite economical, the room was rather basic. As a matter of fact, the hot water did not work in the bathroom faucet so I used water from the shower when needed. I also killed a couple of bugs during my stay. The room served my purpose for a brief overnight stay, but I may have thought twice about staying here if it was a longer stay.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 25 September 2012

It's not horrible by any stretch of the imagination, but I would not recommend this property unless you are traveling with pets. It is increasingly difficult to find motels or hotels in Tuscaloosa that accept pets, so this narrowed it down to the Motel 6 for us. The hotel is located on McFarland Blvd. close to several other hotels. There are lots of fast food restaurants nearby, including a Chili's Restaurant. The Super WalMart is also within walking distance. The hotel does have laundry facilities which makes this somewhat appealing after traveling to get some laundry done. The rooms have a dirty feel to them, since they have an obvious wooden floor. I did not like it. The hotel seems to attract some late night partyiers. Again, not terrible, it just wouldn't be my first choice of places to stay in Tuscaloosa unless traveling with pets.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank James D
Reviewed 6 May 2012

If you are only looking for a place to lay down and go to sleep for a few hours then the price is right. $45 for two and a queen bed but the price is about all that is good. We were unfortunate enough to stay here during graduation weekend for University of Alabama and checking in late the poor guy at the registration desk was by himself, having problems with his computer and seemed like he had just guzzled a 6 pack of 5 hour energy drinks. The clerk told us one room number but wrote another on the key envelope and unfortunately the key did not work in either room and both rooms were hard to find. The room itself was roughly the size of a prison cell and no carpet, a very small tv set and an A/C unit that didn't get the room cool till well into the night. I have to use a CPAP machine and the only electrical outlet was by the door and luckily my power cord reached the bed. Just a grungy place all around. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank aladude2010
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This motel has been part refreshed and the rooms are clean & comfortable, but as with so many Motel 6's, it is in a noisy location, so take your ear plugs.

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear for a quieter room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ManicUSAVisitor
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Not a safe room at all. The lock on the door was a joke. Guest service is not a priority, bed was not made for 3 days, dirty towels were picked up daily, clean towels were thrown on the unmade bed. One towel only in a room with 2 adults. On our second day no towels were left at all, called front desk and told that there were not enough towels ready and the cleaning staff had to get off the clock and we could go to the front desk to get them if we wanted them. Shower was way too small even for a small woman and the entire bathroom floor was wet when you finished.
This is not a place I would stay again, even though the price was low it was a pretty awful place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The whole property is filthy nasty and trashy.. The people that are staying inthe rooms are scary.. Cops were in and out all night.. They even have a security guard on duty! It's that bad.. The felt like I was in the ghetto! Stay away. The a/c was very noisy when it cycles on and off.. Old units.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Limomike
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband's father passed away and we were in from Northern Alabama. We pull up at this hotel and it looked okay in the daylight but when it got dark this place turned into a living nightmare. My children 9 and 10 got ate up with flea bites. My 10 year old got bit 78 times. There were roaches on the walls also. I never knew he was getting ate up like this until he started showing me bugs up in the legs of his pants. There were so many prostitutes, drug addicts, and other shady people at this hotel just hanging around in the parking lot. I was so afraid that our vehicle would be broken into to. My husband left and I was there with the kids and 4 different times someone tried opening my door to my room. There were dents in the steel doors! After about 2 hours in this nightmare hotel I packed my stuff, and told my family to take off running to our vehicle. People were yelling and cussing and i didn't know what to do. Later on we came back and demanded our money be refunded. We got the refund after my husband threatened to call the police. People don't just stay here for one night, they live here. Prostitutes and pimps along with drug addicts work out of this hotel. We went right down the road to the Super 8 and it was so much better. In my life I have been scared beyond beleif 2 times and this was one of those times. Don't ever stay here please it is NOT safe! It is really dirty also. Feces on comode seat, no tolietries, no towels, no coffee pot, no fridge, no NOTHING. Once again PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IT IS DANGEROUS IN MANY WAYS.....spend $24 extra dollars and go to the Super 8 right down the road!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family