Howard Johnson University of Alabama Tuscaloosa
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Heflin, Alabama
“BED BUGS”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel on February 26th - March 1st. I choose the hotel after reading the reviews and did not notice any reviews regarding bed bugs or any horrible recent reviews. I woke up on my second night with 9 red spots all over my body. I switched rooms on the 3rd night, if I had not already paid in full for the week I would have relocated to another hotel. The front desk clerk was very helpful in my switch, but now I'm dealing with the itching from the bites I received during my stay. I did not receive any new bites after my switch, but I will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nycssmith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We stayed here for the UA/AU game 11/23-11/25 and everything was good. Nothing overly impressive but nothing wrong either. The staff at check in and check out were both friendly and the room was clean. The breakfast was your average continental items (doughnuts, bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, juice, milk, and coffee). We will stay here again depending on the price for the weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The hotel is in need of some upkeep (i.e. paint and caulk), but it is overall very clean. The rooms were a good size and the bathrrom bigger than expected. The breakfast was Ok for free. didn't eat there but they had fresh fruit, muffins, bread and bagels. Stayed friday and Saturday nights, and overall it was a good stay. For the price you can't beat it! Especially during football seacon.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here in May. Upon checking in the room I was greeted by 2 roaches!! My room was very dirty!! The sheets appeared to not have been washed. This is the nastiest hotel in the world!!!!!

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank iluvcilla
Reviewed 17 May 2012

After driving 10 hours from Cleveland, OH, we decided to rest for the night before continuing onto Baton Rouge, LA. Howard Johnson seemed to be the ideal spot until we opened the door to our room. Low and behold, as we opened the door, we were swarmed by an army of roaches. Our visit lasted 5 minutes.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Lucas1969
Cohutta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel is clean and clean. The rooms were sufficient sized. The bathroom bigger than expected.
The complimentary breakfast was a little meager. The fruit a little wrinkled, only bread and bagels, mini donuts and mini muffins.
I had to ask the desk clerk, Rene, for the coffee to be filled. The tables and counter were sticky and dirty. No paper towels by the sink to use for clean up. Another man asked if she would get more milk and then asked if she was going to put anything else out and she said "I am working on it", however, she went right back to her computer.
The rudeness of the clerk won't stop me from staying again, but I will take a bath cloth from my room to at least be able to clean a table off.
Good stay for the money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends