We booked IN JANUARY 2013 three nights stay here at the Yellowhammer Inn over the weekend November 7-9, 2013. This was set to be our birthday weekend with our daughter, a student at the capstone Campus, to see the epic match-up between LSU and Alabama in Tuscaloosa on Saturday 9 November. Having made reservations for the attractive price of $199 per night via Expedia, I secured our tickets for the football game via StubHub in early September and all was well.
Then at 2:39 CST on Friday 27 September, 2013, i received an email from Expedia that our reservations would not be honored by The Yellowhammer Inn and that I needed to contact Expedia immediately to make "comparable, alternate arrangements". Now five weeks before the game, guess what Expedia offered me in Tuscaloosa -- two star fleabags, the only thing in Tuscaloosa except the Yellowhammer. Anybody still wondering why I booked with Expedia 11 months before the game???
I then proceeded to spend the better part of three days (my fridat evening and weekend) with The Yellowhammer Inn in one ear (cell phone) and Expedia in the other (land line). Talk about a waste of time and effort. Here's how the "he said, she said" played out in summary:
* The General manager of the Yellowhammer (she) said they sent the Yellowhammer an email in January notifying them that they would not honor OUR (remember us, the customer?) reservations, btu Expedia (WHO HAS A CONTRACT WITH THE YELLOWHAMMER INN) did not read it or follow up. This same general manager felt compelled to tell me that she had fired her assistant general manager over "similar problems". Why is this my problem, I am the ultimate customer who gave Expedia $1,000 in early January?!! To make matters worse, the General manager of the Yellowhammer Inn asked me if I would be willing to pay $300 per night (not the $199 per night I had given Expedia 9 months earlier) if she could wrangle a room from one of her "guess"......
* The agents and lead agent of Expedia insisted that they had a CONTRACT with THE YELLOWHAMMER INN, but did nothing more than acquiesce and keep offering me two-star fleabags in Tuscaloosa as "comparable alternate arrangements". Nobody would even hypothesize why Expedia could not enforce the etrms of their CONTRACT with Teh Yellowhammer inn.
After the most horrendous and apalling customer experience of my life we were moved about 40 miles out of Tuscaloosa and given $75 for gas by Expedia. So now we will need a helicopter ride to get to uscaloosa on 9 September for the LSU alabama football game.
Do NOT patronize the Yellowhammer Inn. They are rude price gougers who do not honor their contractual obligations with Expedia. As for expedia, their contracts and legal team I can only suppose are toothless and useless. Even after all of this, The Yellowhammer Inn is still advertising vacancies on line for LSU weekend...I can't look at it or the price or it will just enrage me more.
Other Alabama parents ahve complained of similar price gouging and their filure to honor reservations made through Expedia. The customer should NOT be "the monkey in the middle" between Expedia and The Yellowhammer Inn. See CollegeConfidential and search for University of Alabama, "LSU gae" for the sordid details.for details. UNACCEPTABLE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the art of relaxation in our wooded setting, explore the beauty of Lake Tuscaloosa and enjoy the peace that The Jack Warner brings to your vacation; located only 12 miles from Tuscaloosa. Whether it's golf, tennis, swimming, fitness, art or garden tours, there are endless opportunities to enjoy the natural and cultural habitat of The Jack Warner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Jack Warner at NorthRiver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yellowhammer Hotel Tuscaloosa
- Yellowhammer Inn And Conference Center