We stayed at the Yellowhammer Inn this weekend. This place is sitting in a beautiful area with the river and Yacht club on one side and a fabulous private country club golf course on the other. Bad news is the inn is old, dirty and not well kept. The bathrooms are reminiscent of a cheap motel, the heating and cooling loud and obnoxious, AND the TV is older than they should be for any boutique hotel. Our telephone had a blinking voice message and no one in the entire hotel knew how to clear a previous voice message. All the glass from the mirrors to the TV were streaked with a greasy film. I asked the woman at the front desk if she would give me some glass cleaner and I would re-clean the room. She was kind and she she was happy to do it. She brought in a spray bottle and newsprint and proceeded to spray and re-streak all the glass table tops and bathroom mirror. She apologized the bathroom mirror wouldn't clean up and remained streaked, although the other glass tops did as well. The hotel looks as though it was once nicely furnished, but now it just has a feel of "old." My mother's room was equally as shabby although she added that her floors were "crunchy" and someone else's hair was in the shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the art of relaxation in our wooded setting, explore the beauty of Lake Tuscaloosa and enjoy the peace that The Jack Warner brings to your vacation; located only 12 miles from Tuscaloosa. Whether it's golf, tennis, swimming, fitness, art or garden tours, there are endless opportunities to enjoy the natural and cultural habitat of The Jack Warner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Jack Warner at NorthRiver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yellowhammer Hotel Tuscaloosa
- Yellowhammer Inn And Conference Center