“Better than average...”

Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa - University of Alabama
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed the night before moving our son into the dorms at UA (ROLL TIDE!) short and easy drive to campus. Right beside SAMs club and Walmart and a variety of shopping and restaurants. Gated parking lot, well lit, so outside doorways to rooms feel safer. Room very clean and fresh, appears to be fairly recently updated. Double queen with small sitting area with lives eat is nice for the extra space. Coffee pot, microwave, fridge. Four nice pillows per bed. Comfortable mattress. Tiny, poor quality shampoo does not make suds, so bring your own. Room 216 upstairs on the end...very quiet and easy access from stairs. Free wifi. Hot breakfast is average but tasty hotel fare. Everyone is very nice.
Will stay again and recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa - University of Alabama, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to my staff, as they will be used as motivation to keep us focused on making each and every guest experience the very best possible. Thank you in advance for any future recommendation and for making us your home away from home. Again, thank you for the feedback and patronage. Have a Sunsational Day!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is the second time I've stayed here, and I would stay here again. The room was very clean, (though dated), the bed was comfortable, the tv was great. I also appreciate having a mini-fridge. The staff is incredible. Everyone was extremely polite and friendly, from the desk manager to the ladies who staff the breakfast room to the housekeeper who made sure I had everything I needed. The breakfast is adequate, nothing special, but you can find something that will suit you. You can find fancier hotels, but you will pay double.

Room Tip: I prefer the side facing the parking lot rather than facing the KFC (don't want to smell that al...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to provide us with feedback from your most recent stay. My staff and I appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and we certainly appreciate your kind words. We work hard to keep you coming back and we are very thankful that you remain loyal to our Days Inn. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the rest of my team. We look forward to your next visit. Have a Sunsational Day!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I enjoyed staying here while on my way to California. Secure parking lot. Spacious room. Great service at the front desk. Free wifi. It was close to shopping so I could pick up a few things I needed to continue my trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your most recent stay. We know that you have many lodging opportunities while traveling and we certainly appreciate that you chose our Days Inn while visiting the great city of Tuscaloosa. My staff and I work hard at providing the best guest experience possible, and we appreciate that you recognized our efforts. Again, thank you for choosing our Days Inn and we look forward to your next visit. Have a Sunsational Day!

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights while working. The staff was outstanding very friendly and very helpful especially James a terrific guy who goes the extra mile.
The hotel is located in great location with lots of close amenities. My room was very clean and smelled great. It was modern with a flat screen TV, fridge, and ironing board. The bed was supper comfortable with lots of pillows.
I would definitely stay here again and for the price it can't be beat $65 a night

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to provide us with feedback from your most recent stay. My staff and I really enjoyed having you stay with us during your visit here to our fair city. We are glad that we were able to provide a home away from home while you were here and we look forward to your next visit. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to my entire team, as they will serve as motivation to keep us focused on providing the best guest experience possible. Thank you for choosing our Days Inn Suites of Tuscaloosa, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have a Sunsational Day,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We spent 22 nights at this hotel and for the price found it a very good value. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable; newer large-screen tv; basic continental breakfast Mon-Wed (cereal, yogurt, bagels, coffee, juice) and hot breakfast Thu-Sun (same as before plus grits, fluffy pancakes, bacon, and eggs). I agree with one prior review about the carpets in the room -- they are definitely dirty (not as you see them but from walking on them). We just put on sandals whenever we walked in the room. The bathroom sink, countertops, and bathtub have been recently renovated. The single king bed has a nice sitting area with a two-person loveseat, desk, coffee table. It's located less than 10 minutes from University of Alabama campus, next to Walmart & Sams, and very near several fast food and sit down restaurants as well as a movie theatre. I would stay there again for the price and friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: Second floor, facing the Walmart side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa - University of Alabama, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your tremendous feedback regarding your most recent stay. We strive to make each and every guest experience as positive as possible. We know that you had many lodging choices while visiting Tuscaloosa, and we appreciate that you chose our Days Inn to call your home away from home during your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to my staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Again, thank you for your feedback and have a sunsational day!

Sincerely

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We needed a nice place to spend the night on our way home back in June. Since we had spent the night here back several years ago, we thought we would give it another try. It did not disappoint. The desk clerks were helpful. The decor in the lobby and breakfast area is superb (if you are an Alabama fan). Well, we were in Tuscaloosa. The room was clean and efficient. This hotel is located within walking distance of Logans and just a short drive up to Sam's and Walmart!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janice S
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa - University of Alabama, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking a few precious moments of your time to provide us with your feedback from your most recent stay at our Days Inn here in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. My staff and I appreciate that you remembered us during your travels, especially since you had not been here in quite some time. Your vivid portrait of your stay and kind words is most appreciated, and will serve as additional motivation for our team to stay focused on providing the best possible guest experience. Again, thank you for choosing our Days Inn and we look hope that we get another opportunity to see you again soon. Have a sunsational day!