“Exceptional Service”

Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Boulder, Colorado
“Exceptional Service”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have stayed at three other major hotel chains in Tuscaloosa and the Hotel Capstone is by far the friendliest, nicest hotel. I recently stayed at the Hotel Capstone with my daughter who was going through Sorority Recruitment at University of Alabama. From the minute we arrived the front desk staff (Ralph was fantastic!), restaurant staff, valet and housekeeping team provided exceptional service. Our room was very clean and quite sufficient for our stay. We also had a microwave and refrigerator which was great for our extended stay. The hotel has a great location and made it extremely easy for us to get around. Only .5 miles to Bryant Denny Stadium. It is on the East side of campus by the athletic facilities and alumni center. We ate at their restaurant Legends Bistro for their lunch buffet and dinner which were both very tasty. Didn't have a chance to try their breakfast buffet but heard it is yummy! They also have a nice pool area if you want some R & R or have kiddos. When we come back, we will definitely make this our top choice! You can't beat their service and hospitality!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I just spent 10 nights at Hotel Capstone and loved it! You can't beat the location for the University of Alabama. Our daughter is now a senior at UA, and Hotel Capstone is our favorite hotel in Tuscaloosa. We always text her excitedly when we've been able to get into the Capstone because we know our trip will be that much easier when we stay there--no endless driving in circles hoping for a parking place close to campus. The staff is so friendly, especially Ralph Shaw who makes it his personal mission to make sure you have a great stay! The staff at Legends Bistro are very attentive and friendly, and the appetizers in the bar are great! If you're lucky enough to get into Hotel Capstone, you won't want to stay anywhere else in Tuscaloosa!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge and microwave!
1 Thank Sally B
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a quiet, mediocre hotel. Its on the campus of the University of Alabama; so if you have business at the University, its centrally located.
As part of a reunion, our room was approximately $105 per night; I understand that it is usually $130. In my opinion, it wasn't worth the money. I had to call to have the toilet seat reattached (so we wouldn't slide off) and the hall carpeting was way past needing shampooing.
This is a non-smoking hotel, but I didn't notice that the room was any cleaner than smoking rooms I've been in. We passed other hotels that were located on the main street.

Room Tip: I can't say I saw a difference from one room to the next.
Media, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here a few days for graduation in August 2014. Hotel staff was so helpful. Location is super for University of Alabama. I really didn't need to use my rental car much. It isn't the cheapest, but I didn't experience any hassles!!! I can't wait to come back and stay for a football game. Roll Tide Roll!!!

Room Tip: Walking distance for all University of Alabama landmarks.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Capri, Italy
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stay in Tuscaloosa a lot to visit my daughter who is attending the University of Alabama. I have stayed at many places over the years. Now, I ONLY stay at Hotel Capstone. They have the best accommodations, a great bar and restaurant and the friendliest staff you will ever meet.
Ralph Shaw, the Guest Services Supervisor is the best. He has gone out of his way to make me feel at home. He has even given me his personal contact info in case I ever need any person service.

Room Tip: All rooms have been great. I recommend calling as far in advance as possible since it is such a popu...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael L
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here last week for daughter's orientation at U of A. From the moment you step inside, you are welcomed with smiles and friendly faces. the décor is so cute, love all the lighting and it is really clean! Pool area is charming, I loved it. Every morning there was an attendant cleaning the pool. Restaurant was great! Bartenders very kind and friendly. Rooms were wonderful. I read about the small bathrooms but honestly to me they weren't that small. the beds were so comfy! this is the kind of hotel that will bend over backwards to make you feel at home. Front desk made copies for me and we used the business center a few times (its free). Great job Hotel Capstone! Look forward to staying here many times during my daughter's years here! Roll Tide!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nzy1rz1
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I chose this hotel for the location, it's right on the campus of The University of Alabama. The hotel is easy to find and check in was quick. The staff were courteous. The room was spacious, clean, beds were comfy, but the pillows lumpy! The internet service was patchy, the wifi is free but not reliable, I called the front desk for help with the wifi connection but they were unable to assist even after visiting the room, no network was available, it eventually appeared and worked ok.
Didn't use the restaurant or pool facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from ice machine. The hallway noise can be heard loudly in room so maybe ask fo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family