“Another Great Stay”
Review of Hotel Capstone

Hotel Capstone
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed my time at Hotel Capstone. The staff was very helpful and personable. Mr. Hood and Ralph at the front desk were exceptionally helpful with my reservation. The bellman drove me and my daughter to the downtown area. He was great. I'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were there in early August for our son's wedding in Tuscaloosa. The hotel was wonderful and the staff was friendly and extremely helpful to us. Ralph at the front desk was attentive to the several requests we had due the logistics of the wedding and the number of family and friends who stayed there. Our experience could not have been better. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have stayed at three other major hotel chains in Tuscaloosa and the Hotel Capstone is by far the friendliest, nicest hotel. I recently stayed at the Hotel Capstone with my daughter who was going through Sorority Recruitment at University of Alabama. From the minute we arrived the front desk staff (Ralph was fantastic!), restaurant staff, valet and housekeeping team provided exceptional service. Our room was very clean and quite sufficient for our stay. We also had a microwave and refrigerator which was great for our extended stay. The hotel has a great location and made it extremely easy for us to get around. Only .5 miles to Bryant Denny Stadium. It is on the East side of campus by the athletic facilities and alumni center. We ate at their restaurant Legends Bistro for their lunch buffet and dinner which were both very tasty. Didn't have a chance to try their breakfast buffet but heard it is yummy! They also have a nice pool area if you want some R & R or have kiddos. When we come back, we will definitely make this our top choice! You can't beat their service and hospitality!!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I just spent 10 nights at Hotel Capstone and loved it! You can't beat the location for the University of Alabama. Our daughter is now a senior at UA, and Hotel Capstone is our favorite hotel in Tuscaloosa. We always text her excitedly when we've been able to get into the Capstone because we know our trip will be that much easier when we stay there--no endless driving in circles hoping for a parking place close to campus. The staff is so friendly, especially Ralph Shaw who makes it his personal mission to make sure you have a great stay! The staff at Legends Bistro are very attentive and friendly, and the appetizers in the bar are great! If you're lucky enough to get into Hotel Capstone, you won't want to stay anywhere else in Tuscaloosa!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge and microwave!
1  Thank Sally B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a quiet, mediocre hotel. Its on the campus of the University of Alabama; so if you have business at the University, its centrally located.
As part of a reunion, our room was approximately $105 per night; I understand that it is usually $130. In my opinion, it wasn't worth the money. I had to call to have the toilet seat reattached (so we wouldn't slide off) and the hall carpeting was way past needing shampooing.
This is a non-smoking hotel, but I didn't notice that the room was any cleaner than smoking rooms I've been in. We passed other hotels that were located on the main street.

Room Tip: I can't say I saw a difference from one room to the next.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here a few days for graduation in August 2014. Hotel staff was so helpful. Location is super for University of Alabama. I really didn't need to use my rental car much. It isn't the cheapest, but I didn't experience any hassles!!! I can't wait to come back and stay for a football game. Roll Tide Roll!!!

Room Tip: Walking distance for all University of Alabama landmarks.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stay in Tuscaloosa a lot to visit my daughter who is attending the University of Alabama. I have stayed at many places over the years. Now, I ONLY stay at Hotel Capstone. They have the best accommodations, a great bar and restaurant and the friendliest staff you will ever meet.
Ralph Shaw, the Guest Services Supervisor is the best. He has gone out of his way to make me feel at home. He has even given me his personal contact info in case I ever need any person service.

Room Tip: All rooms have been great. I recommend calling as far in advance as possible since it is such a popu...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple