“Horrible customer service after-the-fact”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband stayed at this hotel while travelling for business. He forgot to grab the receipt for the room, so I called a few days later to ask for it, in order to fill out his expense report. I was literally hung up on twice by the two women working there. First, I was transferred to someone named Amy, who told me "you will have to talk to a manager, bye bye," Instead of transferring me or taking a message, she hung up. I called back and explained to the front desk what happened, and asked again to be faxed a receipt. Again, instead of being helped or transferred to a manager, I was told "well I can't help you either," and again was hung up on. I won't be staying at a Rodeway Inn, if that's how paying customers are treated after their stay is over with.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jlrg1234

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Rodeway Inn Tuscaloosa for a one night stay on 7/10/13. Property is older and showing its age. Nearly everything is in need of an update. One positive though are the double queens, where the second bed is in a separate room connected to the main room. Nothing horrible here....and good for a quick night off the road. However, they just need a complete remodel and this place could really shine.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff E
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Hotel looks clean and well kept. Rooms are spacious but MOLD everywhere. Rooms smell. I felt like I needed a shower after taking a shower. Go somewhere else. A friend was supposed to stay two more nights she decided she couldn't stay in such a place.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Bruce F
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Price and location were good; however, the toilet and shower area were very dirty looking, moldy looking. Had we not been so tired, we probably would have changed hotels. The breakfast was good. One of the side doors was not working properly so I had to walk around to the front of the hotel to get back in after taking suitcases to the car.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank 104lff
Reviewed 10 April 2013

found the most awesome hotel in tuscaloosa had to stop due to a trailer tire issue this place is great it has 2 beds to the room altho the 2nd bed is in a room to itself with it own t v so that you can share the room but if one is asleep the other is IN THEIR own area beautiful lay OUT in the bath large shower with powerful massaging shower head perfect for sore rode trip muscles ^_^ not just a cold breakfast bar also mr willie cooks a full hot breakfast bar and serves it with a smile all free and all of this for 69.00 what a deal check out time is 12 not 11 this is a win win love it <3
RODEWAY INN TUCALOOSA
I-59& I-20 EXIT 76
4300 SKYLAND BLVD E
TUCALOOA AL 35405
call 205-556-5696
fax 205-556-3205
JERRY B BAGGETT
OWNER-GENERAL MANAGER

Room Tip: every room is great !!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It's not a luxury hotel, but it was certainly worth the $80/night we paid. Decently clean and the beds were comfortable enough and big enough for two adults to share. I especially liked the design of the rooms. The design is great if you have a bunch of people sharing the room. Each room was set up as a two-room suite with a bed in each room. Some of these have a door connecting the two rooms, other just have a giant cut out. The sink is also outside the shower and toilet, so it makes it easy to brush your teeth while somebody else is showering.

Breakfast was typical for this price range of hotels - some fruit, pastries, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, and make-your-own waffles. Nothing particularly great, but not bad either.

The location is good. It's near a highway, but not so near you hear the cars. It's also pretty close to a Walmart and several restaurants.

The cons were the entire hotel smelled a little weird and the wifi didn't reach our room. We got used to the smell quickly, and I didn't need wifi that badly. My phone also had poor signal inside the hotel, but I don't blame that on the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite with a door connecting the two rooms. These rooms also have an extra window and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jay C
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I traveled to Tuscaloosa with my sisters, and reserved a room for 2 nights. This was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. It was WAY overpriced. I didnt have much of a choice most of the rooms were sold out. They charged WAY too much. I reserved a "No Smoking" room,but it was very very obvious that i had been given a room that had smokers in it. I couldnt even go into the room because of the overwhelming smell of smoke,and I am a smoker. The staff was very unfriendly, but did move us to an upstairs room. No elevator.. Room was so out dated that we had to take pictures and send it to friends. We slept in our jeans with our hoodies on because we were doubting the cleanliness of the room. The bathroom door did not close and the shower did not work properly. We were fearful that bugs would get into our luggage so we dragged our stuff to the car for the night. Even though we paid for two nights we could not stay for more that one. We traveled to Birmingham and stayed somewhere else. We are all college educated professionals and have traveled quite extensively. I would NEVER stay here again!!! If the other rooms in town are sold out I would stay out of town.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere please
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family