“Comfortable Clean Room - no Frills”
Review of Ramada Tuscaloosa

Ramada Tuscaloosa
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Saint Rose
“Comfortable Clean Room - no Frills”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The "Suite" was really a double room with a refrigerator and microwave - not a true "suite" like higher end chains would define one as. It was a clean and comfortable room. Served my needs well. Hotel is well situated so you aren't very far from anything.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Belmont, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada for 2013 Family Weekend (Sept 20-22). We had previously stayed for freshman move-in in August and found the property to be adequate at that time, although excessive air freshener was used and it took a long period of time for it to clear out. On our recent visit during family weekend, we left the hotel to go over to campus for tailgating and the game around 1:00 (because of the downpours, we delayed going to campus). When we left we removed the "do not disturb sign" and went on our first tailgating and football experience at UA. When we returned to the hotel around 11:30 pm, we returned to our room and found that the bed wasn't made, towels were on the floor in the bathrrom, and the trash had not been emptied. I spoke with the night desk clerk and he was unable to do anything other then provide exta towels. I know that this was not an exception as there was another guest who was speaking to the night clerk about the same issue just as I arrived to address our concerns.

In the morning when we were checking out, I spoke with the manager on duty who told me that the housekeeping staff had finished and left the property by 12:30 pm on Saturday, and that there was nothing he could do. I found this interesting as there were two housekeeping staff speaking with the front desk staff when we left for tailgating and the game. Keep in mind, we are not snobs, but have traveled enough to know that housekeeping staff always circle around and double/triple check their assignments to make sure that rooms are serviced before leaving for the day. I found the manager on duty unhelpful and noted that we will not stay at this property again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Starla P
Ashford, AL
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The room is nasty and smells moldy. The carpet and chairs are dirty. When we checked out we were charged for two nights. We only booked one night. I argued but it didn't do any good. They told me they had a two night mininum. This room cost me $473.78 for one night. No return visits for me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ricky C
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This had to be the worst place I have stayed in my life. My family and I booked at the Ramada for our family reunion. The agreement made between the hotel and my family included a discounted room stay for booking 10+ rooms and the use of their meeting room for our "meet and greet." Prior to checking in, we were ensured that the meeting room would be cleaned and ready for use, but of course this was a lie. The meeting room seemed to have been used as a storage closet and had the worst smell. The day of our event, we were told that management would not allow us to utilize the space and would do nothing to rectify this wrong. This was the first issue. The second issue is the cleanliness of the hotel rooms. Upon walking into the room, you are immediately disappointed by the appearance especially when the hotel claims to have been recently completed renovated. The rugs look as if they hadn't been shampooed in years; the iron and ironing board were unacceptable for use; there was a foul odor in the room; and the bathroom cleanliness was not up to par. I guess renovated to them meant installing flat screen TVs and slapping on a fresh coat of paint. In addition, the person who made our reservations booked the wrong room types and dates for a few of our rooms. When asked to correct this situation, we were told that nothing could be done because the hotel was booked up. The management here was completely disrespectful and failed to acknowledge our concerns or assist in attempting to make our stay pleasurable. Upon confronting the manager of our issues, she told my family we had to exit the hotel and could not complete out stay. On top of that, the discounted rate we were promised was revoked and we had to pay full price for each night. This establishment has so many issues including lack of accountability, lack of respect for the customer, and lack of professionalism. NEVER stay here.

Room Tip: My tip is stay somewhere else like the Country Inn and Suites around the corner!!