“Ramada name wasted” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Burlington, Colorado
“Ramada name wasted”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was one of the worst experience for my Hotel stay, Car was broken in and cleaned out everything we had for the 15 states driving, employees where good and caring but we saw the owner peeking thru the curtain but not coming out or say one word to us thinking we will ask him for damage replacement or some. please don't stay in this place cause more than one car was broken in . window replacement people said this is a regular deal in that area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 118JamesT118
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, General Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
We are still so very sorry about your experience. We do everything in our power to make sure these types of things do not happen, but unfortunately sometimes we fail. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to put preventive measures in place to avoid this type of issue.

Janell Colburn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Shady Dale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

issue were with room, fridge didn't work and couldn't keep drinks or food cold, it wasn't fixed until next day...ac unit , when it kicked on was horribly loud and would wake everyone in the room EVERY time it cut on....we were they to compete saturday and sunday and sleep was very important......got very little.
very clean place and nice folks,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your feedback. I will share your concerns about the mini fridge and the A/C units with our ownership group. I hope if you are ever in our area again that you will come and give us another shot!

General Manger
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was on my way home to Texas from North Carolina with my 3 year old son. When I called to see if any rooms were available, the woman I spoke with was very polite and helpful! I checked out a few other hotels before deciding to stay at the Ramada. I was checked in by the same person I spoke to on the phone. I can't remember her name, but she was very nice. I was given a room at a decent price. I parked right in front of the room and got my son and our bags out. Hands full, I put the key card in and opened the door. To my surprise, there was a man lying on the bed, who jumped up as I opened the door! I cannot believe that I was given an already occupied room. I apologized to the man and left. I had to put all my bags back in the car and go back to the lobby. All I got was an apology...I was furious as well as scared. What if my new room was given to someone else as well? Let's just say I didn't sleep at all, and I had a 9 hour drive the following day. When I got home, I called and spoke to a manager, who just apologized again...I will never stay here again. I did not feel safe. This should not happen...EVER!!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MZanzig3
I am truly sorry that your experience was less than desirable. We obviously made some mistakes here and hope that with additional training we can prevent this from happening to another guest. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Tuscaloosa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My one-night trip to Tuscaloosa for a family event was made even better by a perfect stay at the Ramada Inn on Skyland. I was greeted by friendly staff, my car was parked safely in a well-lit front lot, my room was clean, efficient, and safe, and I awoke to a delicious breakfast and more kind, friendly staff. I will definitely stay here again. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your response. It gives us great pleasure in knowing that you enjoyed your stay here at Ramada of Tuscaloosa.