“My skin's still crawling!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Tuscaloosa

Ramada Tuscaloosa
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Pasadena
“My skin's still crawling!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2006

I had to join in! I can't believe it! This vile place is still open? It smelled. It was filthy. It was so loathsome we never forgot it!
Who'd ever trust Ramada again?

• Stayed October 1999
6 Thank Connellsville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2006

There are not enough words in the English language to describe this hotel. Best put, this hotel was awful, dreadful, frightening, ghastly, grisly, gruesome, hideous, horrendous, horrifying, nightmarish, shocking, hair-raising, terrifying, deplorable, disgusting, nauseating, offensive, sickening, and unspeakable, to say the least!

We booked our reservations online through hotel. What a BIG mistake! We complained to the hotel manager and to hotel, since they had given the hotel a such high rating. We were too scared to sleep and couldn't wait to check-out (early the next morning instead of later). The furniture was old, worn, scarred, and didn't match, and the room also had a foul odor. Although we sanitized with disinfectant wipes and spray, it was still a horrendous experience. Instead of classifying this as a hotel, it probably would have best been classified as a brothel for it looked as if it were a place used for a one-night/hourly stand(s). It definitely isn't a place to take your family for a vacation. There was also a club on site for the local teens and young adults that played loud music, and after returning from dinner, parking was scarce.

There was a continental breakfast bar, but after seeing the condition of the hotel, we opted to go out and eat. Had we known about this site previously, we would have chosen a better hotel.

• Stayed March 2005
111 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2005

This place was unbelievable. I made my reservations a year ago and they gave us a different, smaller room. It was PURE-D nasty!!!! When we took a shower, black sut-looking stuff came up over the shower rug...UHG!!! Then our microwave and television broke. The whole weekend was a disaster. I wrote Ramada Inn about it and they said this was independently owned. They sent my complaints to the owner who in turn told me in so many words that it must not have been that bad...I ended up staying. Well DUH!!!! It was a football game weekend. What was I supposed to do...drive home???! There weren't any other rooms available in the area. This place is nasty. Stay at the Motel 6 before you stay here. I can't believe Ramada lets them use its sign!!!

• Stayed September 2005
70 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2004

This place is just plain scuzzy. It was dirty and in disrepair. I cannot believe that Ramada allows these people to use the Ramada name. This was without a doubt the worst hotel I have ever seen

58 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2004

Made a reservation thru Hotels.com. I seriously cannot believe how a internet service could represent such a terrible hotel. Cobwebs on the lamp shades, dirty, nasty floors. Huge stains on the bed spread and chairs. A foul smell from the air conditioner and don't dare walk on the carpet barefooted. Itched all night in the bed. We got no sleep or rest. We never felt safe at this hotel. If I could have gotten my car inside the room I would have. Personally I think they may rent rooms by the hour to certain people. Hotels.com doesn't care about any of this as I have emailed them. We paid 77.00 for the worst night stay ever and the receipt from the hotel showed the cost to Hotels was 49.00. They made a nice profit on our misery!!

• Stayed September 2004
61 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2003

We stayed at the Ramada for 2 nights. Our rooms were not clean and we did not receive any maid service. The bathtub was filthy and we had roaches. The bedspread has a huge stain on it. There was no iron in the room. The paint was peeling off the sides of the pool. The front desk staff was inept and accused their own maintenance man of being ignorant because he was a "foreigner". The manager was incompetent. The adjoining restaurant is horrible. Stay at the Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed July 2003