“Choice motels are not my choice”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Am in the Quality Inn as I type, I'm standing up for fear of sitting on any of the beds. So far I believe the night stand is the only other safe furniture for me to sit on. Overall this hotel was in the middle-- spring for the extra $20 and atleast have a better quality of bug crawl across the floor (which happened while we were bringing the stuff in). So 2 nights at 2 different Choice Hotels and I think I'm going to turn in my Choice membership.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary M
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stopped over at Quality Inn for the night and while the place looked like your basic hotel (accompanied with some strange scents), the friendliness of the staff was rather refreshing. We were initially put in a smoking room, but the guy at the desk immediately resolved this issue and we got a nicer smelling room. The restroom was stocked and the rest of the basic amenities were included. The value was nice and the location seemed safe and a nice place to launch from if you are visiting Tuscaloosa (We are driving through).

The air conditioners work well and there are a mile of security cameras that seem to all be working. I also noticed that there are a variety of WiFi connections popping up on my Ipad from this room and the first one I clicked on required no password and is seemingly stable and speedy (Better than many pay to play gigs for sure).

Complimentary breakfast is a typical rounded breakfast with fruit, carbs and protein. The orange juice tastes real, and definitely not like Sunny Delight. There is a pool, and like I stated earlier, there are smoking rooms. We've decided that we are going to stay here on the way back, because this place is very friendly.

They appear to be in renovation at the moment. The point lost is on the strange smells in the hallway - they seemed to aggravate my allergies.

Room Tip: There isn't much to add here, I would get a first floor room because the elevator is kind of slo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank protokulture
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location to stay in when visiting the University of Alabama. The hotel renovations will only make this good hotel better. I think we must have had a partially renovated room. Bathroom seem to be partially done but the beds were very uncomfortable. All in all we would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank mommbp
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The people here are more then just hotel employees.. they are AAA Amazing.. not only did they remember us, but they anticipated our needs before we had to ask. . Really amazing and outstanding service.. Rooms are clean and the beds ROCK.. Thank you

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gina P
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Dont rely on your GPS to take you here. It night take you down a "Jug Factory Road" instead. Its behind the storage place a half mile from the highway. They are undergoing renovations. It looks like they are redoing the entire lobby and probably hallways. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The elevator has the slowest opening & closing doors Ive ever seen! The room was very spacious. TV worked well (flat screen) with good WiFi signal. Bed was very comfy, but had small, square like pillows. Shower was nice and warm with good pressure. The room looked to be redone recently too. Its close to mostly everything in the area you might need. Check out was smooth as well, despite the construction. I never heard a peep from them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank DaysofThundr46
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was passing through and stopped in after 15 hours on the road... have never stayed at a Quality Inn as nice as this one. Not sure if it's a new hotel in the area or just remodeled but it looked new and smelled very clean. Front desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. She even gave me a rate that was advertised on-line. No questions asked. Very nice and unexpected! Room was very clean and king size bed was very comfortable. This room was nicer than some of the more expensive rooms I've paid for at hotels with a better star rating. In my opinion, at least one more star should be added. Breakfast was good, too. Enough variety to get you going in the morning. I will definitely be staying here again on my trip back through the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Camaro J
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Terrific place to spend the night...excellent service, great breakfast...super room for relaxing and getting a good night's sleep. Just off the road, quiet surroundings and many choices to eat if you out and about.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple