“Peace and Quiet”

Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa-University
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Excellent stay. Very friendly staff. Close to campus yet even being next to the main street no noise from the highway. Very peaceful stay and near all different shopping areas including the main strip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Thank you for the wonderful accommodations we traveled in for my grandmothers funeral and staff made our stay very comfortable, thank you. Front Desk very accommodating making sure that we had connecting rooms and that other family members were closed to our room. We traveled from Ohio and my children were extremly happy that the pool was still open (even though it was a little on the chilly side outside) they were able to enjoy a few hours and especially loved the BAMA pool toys very cool! Thank you again for making a difficult trip for us a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The only reason I am not giving this top rating is because the bathroom was very small. Room was nice in spite of size. Better breakfast than most. Good location with a nice restaurant close by. (Baumhower's)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I found the hotel staff to be helpful and friendly. However, I unplugged the fridge in my room to quiet it because the ratting it made was louder than the a.c. The plug was not easy to get to and required moving a large desk/tv stand in which it the small fridge was housed. The walls were thin and in the middle of the night I was awoken by very loud neighbors adjacent to my room, despite having used a sleep aid. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. I was on the first floor which was a nice change. I heard about the chocolate chip cookies but didn't see any at the desk either night. I don't eat flour so it was probably for the best. The breakfast was o.k. Coffee only mediocre. Buffet attendant was assiduous in her cleaning and resupplying of food. Tables were clean. T.V.'s in the lounge area were on and it was nice that the volume was on so you could hear them. Easy to find this hotel which was nice. When I went outside in the morning someone had smashed the window of a car in the hotel lot that looked exactly like my rental and I became concerned about the fact that I had declined on the insurance for the car. My room card was deactivated at 9:00 on the morning I was going to checkout so I had to go and have the front desk reactivate the card so I could get in the accessory doors and my room. Checkout was 11:00 a.m. Not sure why my card was deactivated. Pool outdoors. I thought Hilton Honors guests would have a paper at their door in the morning but papers are now available only at the breakfast. Shower was hot and plenty of pressure. Staff seems to work hard at keeping the facility clean and sparkling. Miguel at Baumhauers restaurant next door is a friendly bartender. I didn't get the wings but I was told they are really good. Chicken entree was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Nice, clean hotel within walking distance of Alabam's football stadium. I went up to watch the game and stayed here. Once you consider the free parking, free breakfast and complimentary game program, it's quite a deal. Baumhower's restaurant is next door...great place to grab a bite to eat. Overall, I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank B52Moose
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Clean hotel, Great location, Good breakfast, Free internet, Adequate parking, Friendly staff. Quiet location. Stayed here for a Bama game. Front desk staff was friendly. Would stay here again. Fast checkin process. Restaurants very close - within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My son and I stayed here when we toured Bryant-Denny stadium. It is a very quiet location and very clean hotel. After our long drive, it was a great surprise to see Baumhower's Restaurant right next door! The staff was efficient, though we were there for a very short time, we could not have been more pleased!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family