“The staff makes the hotel better”

Fairfield Inn Tuscaloosa
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
B.R. , LA
“The staff makes the hotel better”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We were welcomed by Matt who was so welcoming and friendly and made the check-in painless. The room was large with nice soft beds( memory foam I believe). The room was done in white. Who does a hotel rooms as done in white! You know it has to be clean to not show dirt. It was located not far off interstate and minutes away from shopping and dining and the University of Alabama. Great stay!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
North Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for four nights this past week. We were visiting the University of Alabama. I have to say that this hotel is fabulous! The staff are absolutely amazing, from the housekeeperes to the front desk. I had three kids with me and they could not have been nicer. We are not from the area, knew nothing about it. Everyone was so pleasant giving us tips on where to go, eat, what to see. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet. My kids loved the pool and gym. The coffee was even great. The perfect stay and the perfect location. I cannot speak highly enough about this hotel and staff. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Any room you stay in is perfect. We stayed across from the elevator, easy access and no noise. Bea...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank abbc4
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Tuscaloosa this past weekend July 3-6, 2014. I was in Tuscaloosa for a family reunion. The hotel is in a convenient location. Restaurants, shopping & an IMAX movie theatre are close by. The hotel overall was good. The staff was professional and friendly. The free breakfast was your standard breakfast fare from Fairfield hotels. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It was nice to have a microwave and a mini fridge in the room. There is only one complaint that I have - the wallpaper in the bath was peeling in areas and there was mildew around the edge of the bath tile. Management needs to correct these issues. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Marshael
USA
Reviewed 26 June 2014

When I rolled into the lobby around 10:30 p.m., I was frazzled. The day had started in Houston with four new tires necessitated by a massive pile of glass on the freeway, and it got worse, with a cracked windshield in Louisiana and a hailstorm in Mississippi that forced me to stop 100 miles short of the Gadsden Fairfield. I was very grateful to get the last room they had. And the front-desk clerk got Marriott's service center on the line so I could work out the transfer of points back into my account from the Gadsden cancellation and then the use of them, plus some money, for my room at this hotel. They were very accommodating and welcoming. The next morning, manager Rondell Brown was extremely kind and gracious when I asked if a late checkout might be possible in case I needed to take my car in for some work. I didn't need it in the end, but the staff here is very warm and gracious. I'm not going to say that this is a great hotel. (Areas of the parking lot are very dark, and I'm not sure there are really enough spaces. The rooms are just OK. It's very hard to find if you're approaching from the south because you never see it from the freeway. And I found it hard to believe it was a Category 5 hotel on their points chart -- three levels higher than the hotel at Gadsden.) It's the people who make this a very good hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Gallant, Alabama
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

No offense to cheerleaders directly, but the ones that stayed here were noisy and ran the halls until 10. Not a hotel issue really, but maybe they should have some guidelines for school groups. Otherwise, the room is nice enough. Nothing fancy. Bed and pillows comfy. Air works really well. Fridge is mediocre even after adjusting the temp. Free wifi. Would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rondell B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Firegirl834,

Thank you for your feedback. I can see how that could be an inconvenience during your stay here at the Fairfield Inn Tuscaloosa. We do have guidelines in place for groups to ensure all our guest have a peaceful stay, however your expectations were not met. I would like to apolpgize for the inconvenience this caused you. We look forward to your next visit here at the Fairfield Inn Tuscaloosa.
Crystal Lake
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I thought the hotel was very clean overall. The room decor seemed a bit outdated but nice. The pool a saline pool so no bad chlorine smell. Liked that alot. The workout room was very small but the lobby was charming!! Very nice stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and when I walked in, I remembered that it has the smallest elevator ever! They have upgraded the carpet in the hallways. But the lighting is so dark, so it makes you wonder what they are trying to hide. Also, EVERY member of staff is CONSTANTLY asking you if your room is ok, can they help you, to the point of annoying! At breakfast, we were leaving so when looking in the small fridge for something quick, the breakfast lady hovered around me continually asking if she could help me. Understanding that they may have had some bad reviews in the past has caused them to be OVERLY questioning and it's very annoying. Rooms are adequate, but the toilet seat was loose and the bathroom door is too large and doesn't open correctly. Almost knock myself out with the door bouncing off the doorstop in the bathroom. Our findings are that Fairfield Inns do not necessarily measure up what we expect with the Marriott reputation.

Room Tip: A bit out of the way,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nubbin13
Rondell B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback. It really helps us see where we can improve our property, and I also want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced here at the Fairfield Inn Tuscaloosa. We want to do everything we can to exceed your expectations every time you are a guest in one our hotels. We are looking forward to you staying with the Fairfield Inn the next time you come to Tuscaloosa. Please let me know is I can assist you in the future.