“Nice ambiance, great food”
Review of Evangeline's

Evangeline's
Ranked #12 of 328 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Traveling through town and were looking for a local restaurant to try. Very nice atmosphere. We were dressed very casual but feel nicer attire would have been more suitable.

Nice wine, speciality cocktail and beer selection.

Crab cakes were delicious and I paired with a very nice sized house salad. Shrimp special with grits and mango salsa was sweet and savory.

Only reason I wouldn't give highest rating was felt wait for drinks was longer than expected when restaurant wasn't busy.

Waitress was friendly.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Went here when visiting my daughter at Univ of Alabama. Great location right on the river with great views.

Had lunch and everything was great. The salmon salad and calamari were both fantastic.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We came here as a guest of a local resident. What a nice restaurant. The main entrees were well prepared and with generous portions. The menu we saw is different than what is online but our party had shrimp and grits, grouper, grilled chicken with cream sauce and a salmon salad. All were excellent. And the prices were very reasonable. Good wine list. If you only have one night in Tuscaloosa, this is a good option.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I travel extensively and get to eat pretty much wherever I want. I have to say that Evangeline’s is the best restaurant I have eaten at in a long time. The setting is elegant, the service excellent and the food outstanding! We shared with appetizers of fried green tomatoes and crab cakes, which were both outstanding. My wife had the shrimp and grits which were very creamy and delicious. I opted for the pork chop, which was cooked to perfection. They have a great wine list with nice options by the glass. We shared salted Carmel ice cream for dessert. Make a reservation before you go!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a very nice restaurant then this is your place. Very romantic atmosphere or a great place with lunch with girlfriends. I am in love with the chicken salad & my favorite is the salmon salad!