“Perfect Timing”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Perfect Timing”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

A close friend and I arrived around 2pm, the restaurant was much slower than it has been on previous visits (I'm assuming because of our timing). We had wine, stuffed mushrooms, The Pasta DePalma, & The Mushroom Ravioli. Everything was wonderful!! It also seemed as though the recipes had been revamped since the last time I had been there. Everything was delicious, Nathan (our waiter) was very attentive, and we left feeling deeply satisfied!! It was a great visit!

“Mediocre Food”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick early dinner. Lasagna dinner was a special tonight. Luke warm at best. Sent back and received the same mediocre luke warm lasagna. Certainly not worth the price of $20 for a single luke warm serving.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Either really great or really average”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

DePalmas..my first date experience with a "nice restuarant"..yeah people I have been dining here for a while.

I have eaten here numerous times..I will go back, but only for their Portobello mushroom ravioli or the gorgonzola filet. Everything else I have tried is 7/10 which is good, but not great.

However, the top 2 listed entrees..insanely good.

Three stars for service and wait times. I get that it is small. I also know that every time I go, I better be with someone I like a LOT. Because we will have time to talk. It's a lengthy process.

• Visited November 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Best in Tuscaloosa”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We had a great dinner. We are a large group, 8 of us they don't take reservations and won't seat you until the entire party is there but the wait wasn't too long. The dinner was fantastic. I had the carnivore lasagna and it was off the hook, I also had a Caesar salad and it was very good too. I will be back

Visited April 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
“Totally charmed”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Our group of 4 was road-tripping east on I-20 from an epic week in New Orleans and were hungry for a late lunch. Blessed with ample technology, one of our group checked his "Magic Box" Trip Advisor app for restos between Meridien and Tuscaloosa and found the #1-rated DePalma's in Tide Town. A quick detour from the sterility of Interstate chains, and we found it--open on Sunday afternoon. And we were charmed!
The service was friendly and efficient, the atmosphere was delightful (Elvis and Marilyn; what's not to love?), and the food impressed--standard Italian fare prepared with flair and quality, fresh ingredients.
We sampled the stuffed mushrooms (yummy!), pasta dishes (quite good), and the veal Marsala rivaled any this side of the Atlantic. And while we didn't try the pizza, it looked and smelled wonderful, rich with San Marzano tomatoes and what looked to be freshly made mozzarella.
This charming place is definitely worth a side trip from I-20!

Visited April 2014