“Great little cavern”

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great little cavern”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

It's a shame that this attraction was closed on September 3rd 2013. We went there to see it before it closed. It was not a particularly large cave/cavern but it was very nice and interesting.

Visited September 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Wilderness Cave Tour- spelunking”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We signed up for the wilderness cave tour thinking there might be some crawling but that it wouldn't be a big deal. We were wrong. For 5 people it was 150 bucks and quite an adventure! You spend 2+ hours doing a REAL cave tour. We waded through water, we crawled, we squeezed, we climbed. You need to be moderately fit and not afraid of tight (very tight) squeezes. I am 5"9 and a size 12-14 in the pants and I don't recommend much bigger than that. In the beginning there is a tight little section of rooms and past that it is pretty open. I almost freaked out but I reminded myself that it was okay and made it through the tough part. Later there are some challenges but if you take your time you'll be fine. Finally at the end is another different type of tough squeeze. I recommend it for a beginning spelunking trip! I don't recommend it for a large group. Maybe 5-6.

Also, call and schedule it. They are closing around labor day 2013, but maybe the increase of business will keep them around a bit longer!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Lori B
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Old school fun at its best.”
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Make sur to visit soon as the owner says the last day will be Labor Day 2013. There are many neat formations to see in this cave. Not too much walking and not a lot of stairs, but the floor can be slick. You will feel like you have stepped back in time. Tour was neat because it did not seem commercial like many cave tours today.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank SArcher95
Crowley, Louisiana
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“"Sequoyah Caverns, Nature at it's best"”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

On a recent trip to North East Alabama, a trip I planned for a good while to see these caverns, I finally made it to the Cavern... It is a beautiful drive out to the cavern in Valley Head, Alabama... As you approach the cavern welcome center you are greeted by a beautiful peacock... There are also some old log cabins on the grounds for those of you who like to look at them... The welcome center is a nice clean facility that I believe is run by a father & son team... The cost of the tour is very reasonable and there is also a nice little gift shop... Carrie my tour guide, was very giving of all the information she knew about the cavern... It was good to see some of the "local cave residents" (bats & crickets)... I would say my tour took about 55 minutes to an hour which was very comfortable for a 54 year old out of shape man (lol)... Would I tour Sequoyah Caverns again, you bet... But would like to bring family or friends next time to share the adventure...

Visited April 2013
5 Thank Gerald L
Southside, Alabama, United States
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Sequoyah Caverns”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Sequoyah Caverns is one of nature's true beautys. You tour the gave on a guided trip. At Christmas there is a beautiful light show presented. Buffalo roam the pasture land surronding the Caverns.

2 Thank Jean H