“Great American Dining Experience”
Review of Big Daddy's BBQ - CLOSED

Big Daddy's BBQ
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stopped by during a road trip and had an awesome experience. Samples of the pork tips and deep fried corn on the cob were not only good but a great bit of Alabama hospitality. Big Daddy himself came out and we had a great time. The service and the food were top notch. A must do if you are in the area.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Locally owned small bbq joint in middle of small town Alabama. I have enjoyed several meals at Big Daddy's, eating in and take home; never disappointed. Some delicious side dishes and desserts to go along with some serious bbq taste. Have it your way, chopped, sliced, or ribs ... If you are headed north on Interstate 65, take Exit 282, bear right on Warrior/Jasper Road to Highway 31, left at light, pass City Hall and before you reach the end of town, Big Daddy's on the left (if you are going North on 31) Treat your mouth to some good finger lickin' southern BBQ done right!

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I have been there twice. Very dry ribs. Tasted old. I threw up a few hours later. I live close so I gave it another shot on football Saturday. Same experience. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Sauce was good.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The waitstaff was very nice. The restaurant was crowded with people that seem to like their food. I ordered BBQ combination plate. The ribs had a 'boiled taste" to them and they were not fresh ribs. My chicken was very, very dry. My sides were fresh and good. After visiting this restaurant, I became sick on the stomach. I guess I just got a hold of some leftover meat. Based on my experience on the ribs and chicken, I will not be returning to this location.

1  Thank freckledbeauty
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was trying to find a place to meet some colleagues for a business meeting that would be between Decatur/Huntsville, AL and Birmingham. I found Big Daddy's on Trip Advisor and set up the meeting there. When I sent out the meeting invitations, one of the ladies from Birmingham said her husband said to make sure she brought back some ribs because they are great! I guess I did good!

So, of course, I ordered the ribs. I opted for the rib plate, which has 4 bones and comes with two sides. I ordered the baked beans and collard greens. They also have fried corn on the cob, which I love but didn't order this time. The ribs were very tender and the sauce was good too. I ordered mine with the sauce on the side. Everything was delicious, I even ordered some more ribs to take home to my husband.

Warrior is a small town...Big Daddy's is your typical Southern BBQ joint...nothing fancy about the décor. It is the food that people come here for.