“The only authentic Tex-Mex in Costa Rica”
Review of Jalapenos Central

Jalapenos Central
Ranked #2 of 194 Restaurants in Alajuela
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Open 7 days a week. Mon- sat 11:30-9:00 pm Sun 11:30-8:00 pm Accept credit cards except American express
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I learned about Jalapenos Central by word of mouth and after my first visit, I knew I was in the only Mexican restaurant in Cost Rica that served the "real thing". Norm the owner is the best. He cares about each and every visitor. If you miss his restaurant, you've missed a great experience. I would highly recommend you go and ENJOY........I've recommended it to many of my Ex-Pat friends here in CR; and they loved the experience.
Ciao,
Blaine in Ojochal, CR

1  Thank Blaine T

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I really enjoyed Tico food but for our last nights in the country my girlfriend wanted to eat something else. We ate here based on several recommendations made by word of mouth and were not disappointed. Great food, great staff and great prices.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We chose Jalapenos based entirely on the reviews here. It was a great place! It's very small, but I really loved the atmosphere here. It's located downtown, and I enjoyed seeing downtown Alajuela. You can tell this is a popular place, and the staff had their service down to a science. The food was delicious and we thought the prices were very reasonable (my meal was 3500 colones, or about $7).

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A beautiful evening in a beautiful restaurant in Alajuela. Having toured Costa Rica for two weeks, we returned to our starting spot and starting dinner. A wise choice on our part. With this dinner we had two great marguaritas, tortilla soup, a beef enchilada with egg, and quesadillas. It was again, an excellent dinner. Our waiter, Miguel, remembered us from our first visit and even remembered what we had ordered...really cool. Norman had time to talk with us, and he told his story behind moving to Costa Rica, very interesting. A really good move on his part. We won't be back to Costa Rica, until next summer, but we will be sure to return to Jalapenos when we do.

1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently went here twice with some friends for dinner because the food was so good. The staff and owner were super friendly and helpful as well. A must order are the patacones jalapeno central and the azteca soup. Additionally, the prices are fantastic. I highly recommend this place.