“long day”

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Alajuela
Carson City, Nevada
“long day”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

arrived late. manager suggested that i return rental car and have them bring me back to the hotel and they would shuttle me to the airport in the morning after breakfast. My granddaughter called to see if i had arrived ok earlier. the manager called her when i arrived so that she would not worry about me. they had breakfast for me in the morning and shuttled me to the airport in plenty of time to catch my flight. I had a very good and friendly experience at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Kathiez9
berlorair, Gerente at Berlor Airport Inn, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Kathiez9

I will take a personal spot to answer this review not like a worker but like a friend, beyond to provide a service, we feel acommintment to make our customers feel good and safe and give them a good service. And you are not the exception, therefore we want to thank you for having this perception of that, I apoligize for not answer your review before, but I still have a fresh reminder in my mind of your presence in our hotel, thank your valuable opinion and in a friendly manner we would love to see you again and we also want to let you know that you are always welcome here,
PD. Tell your granddaughter that we will take special care of you, by the same way that we treat you in your first visit to the hotel

Kind regards

Lester Luquez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The Room was ok and close to the Airport.The staff was exelent the girls made nice breafast every day. The owners are a nice cupple very helpfull and the showd me some nice places inthe area. It was not a good time because the street was in repare and hard to wolk around, but the neberhood was save.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Dra-Christina
Dear Dra: Christina.

The time has passed since you stayed at Airport Hotel Berlor and we apologize for taking so long to answers to your comment, however we want to mention our gratitude for choosing Airport Hotel Berlor during your visit in Costa Rica, Also I want to let you know the road has been fixed and the place looks nice and safe, so next time you visit costa rica you will see a different perspective of the areat. we still keep the same amenities included in the room rate and we always keep working in provide a personalized service,
Remember that you are always very welcome at our hotel and our staff is always ready to take care of you.

Kind regards

Lester Luquez C
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Arrived late in to San Jose, just wanting somewhere to put our heads down before picking up rental car the next day(Alamo next door). Only 10mins from the airport and only C2500 for the four of us. The rooms where clean and there was hot water. Could of been a little cheaper but as I said after a long flight a bit of sleep is all you want. Would use again if travelling to Costa Rica.f

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are the same. Was with two friends and there was the same as ours.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tortiseshell
berlorair, Gerente at Berlor Airport Inn, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear friends

Than you so mucho for share your opinion about the experience at Airport Hotel Berlor,
we consider your opinion and we work in order to improve your experience at our hotel,therefore I want to let you know, our hotel offers airport shuttle (pick up) under request. Also we offer drop off shuttle to the airport, an one of these service is included in the room rate,
Thank you so much and we hope you stay with us in your next trip to Costa Rica.

Kind Regards

Lester Luquez C
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Let me start by saying that this is the first review I've ever written! I would have gladly paid $20 more for the Best Western! Yes, the staff was nice, but from there this experience was horrible! We we're taken to a room in the back of the hotel behind the courtyard. A large room that seemed more like a storage room with a bed. There was dead cock roaches and spiders all throughout the room. The shower head was broken, cob webs hanging from the bathroom ceiling, and a stench of sewer when the water was turned on and one old hand towel hanging (who knows if it was clean) to dry ourselves off with. My husband requested a wake up call at 4:45 am which we did not get, and by 5 am we headed into the main hotel but found that we we're locked in the court yard. So with no phone in the room to call for help, we had to pound on the door and finally woke up our shuttle driver who had fallen asleep on the couch and forgot to wake us up. Oh, and there was a picture of the twin towers hanging over the bed.. sweet dreams huh!! `this place was a nightmare!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank laura h

Travellers are raving about these Alajuela hotels

Naas, Ireland
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

Really nice people run this hotel, but the rooms are depressingly grim and really basic.

My room was about 8 feet square, no windows, a shower with no hot water, and a really worn appearance

The only motivation for staying here again would be that I had absolutely no other option. Grim

• Stayed February 2013
Ithaca, New York, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I would suggest you spend a little more than one or two nights in this place, since most travellers do that and didn't get to enjoy it the way we did.

Because we were there for almost 3 to 4 days, we pretty much felt like we were enjoying our own villa. We hung out in the pool and at the backyard tables with little to no intrusion from other guests, because few people stay in the day.

The service was absolutely excellent. In order to ensure that you get to the hotel safely, they have a shuttle that runs anytime of the day (the old man who drives the shuttle sleeps in the hotel and awaits any phone calls). He is very good-natured and even allowed us to stop for food because we were starving.

Another service person I would like to bring up (can't remember his name, though) was this man who helped us to make phone calls for confirmations and clinch discounts through the people he knew. We were going to Jaco but spoke little to no Spanish, and had nothing concrete the day before we were due to leave. But this guy helped us by spending almost upwards of 2 hours simply calling shuttle services and hotels in Jaco to ensure we could arrive safely and comfortably. If anything, that level of service would bring me back to Airport Hotel Berlor the next time.

Check out Oscar's Fried Chicken and the Pizza Place that is connected to another inn/hotel.

One more point: I was -really- disgusted by the state of the toilet of the bigger room past the pool. Granted, it was very big and value for money, but there were dark brown holes in the ground and walls. I am generally a flexible person when it comes to lodging, but that toilet was pretty disgusting for me. I don't even mind the random paraphernalia that were strewn around the room in heaps and covered in dust. But the toilet...

Room Tip: The big room past the pool is great space for a large group, but the toilet puts me off a lot. If yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
San francisco
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The review "awful" posted on aug 7 is very accurate. How this room ended up costing 77 dollars is beyond me. The room was comically and terribly small. This was the last place we stayed in costa rica and by far this was the worst value. The window of the room didn't lock and opened onto a dark hallway-also making it easier to here hotel noise. Bed was worn out and sagging in the middle.

Breakfast was ok..think the other post is referring to the same woman who made us breakfast who is not unfriendly but gives you the feeling your inconveniencing her.shuttle was on time and we liked our driver.

Recommendation to the owner:

Lower the price by half to make this value appropriate and avoid bad reviews...

Or, significantly upgrade the place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple