“Very good choice if you need to be close to airport”
Review of Berlor Airport Inn

Berlor Airport Inn
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Alajuela
Terrebonne, Canada
“Very good choice if you need to be close to airport”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had a very pleasant stay in this small hotel. It's really close to the airport and the staff was very very nice to us. We really appreciated the free 10 mins international call to our baby daughter! Would go back anytime.

Room Tip: Had the room close to the nice pool. Great fot a dip before sleep.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

berlorair, Director de Recepción at Berlor Airport Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Huard N, Thank you so much for sharing your opinion about your stay at Airport Hotel Berlor,
We work hard in order to provide a good service to our visitors,
We hope to see you again
Our best wishes
Lester Luquez & staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Loveland
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had a number of problems with this place. I would never recommend it. In fact I don't think I have ever stayed in a place this bad before. Here is a pro and con list:

Pro:
- It's cheaper than the Holiday express which is closer to the airport. But you get what you pay for.

Con:
- Only had double bed.
- The lock on our room door didn't work so we couldn't lock it when we left.
- It is very close to the airport, so close in fact that jets pass overhead at less than 1000 feet as they land.
- It is located in a very bad part of town, probably related to being so close to the airport.
- While I didn't see any evidence of bedbugs, I did notice that our room had had them at some point in the past because I found the characteristic marks on the mattress.
- The AC barely worked. We had to run it full force all night and this was very noisy.
- There is no good places to eat anywhere with in walking distance, or we couldn't find them.
- We didn't even have a trash can in the room.
- The room we had was to small for even a chair. So there was only a double bed and a night stand.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
berlorair, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Berlor Airport Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
We want to apologize about your bad experience in our hotel, we recognize that we are not bigger and better than the Holiday Inn, however if you want to have a 4 stars service you have to pay at least 3 times the same price that we charge in our small hotel,
I see you didn´t mention we provide Airport shuttle service, free wi-fi and include taxes and breakfast in the room wich it´s could be considered like a " Pro" Same amenities that hardly could be included in another hotel for the same price.
We accept that we have small rooms because of the size of the whole property, but we have biggest room wich have queen size beds and the biggest with a king size and 2 double beds, same that we could provide if you don´t agree with the assigned room and if we have the space available, often without any additional charge just in order to provide a good service,
About the lock; always we show how to lock the door before you close it, ( press the button behind the door then pull the door once you get out)
We are only 5 minutes from the airport and barely we heard any complaint about the noise of the planes, because the air traffic is not allow at night.
There is not bedbugs in the rooms neither in the hotel, we have a small hotel however we spray the hotel to avoid any pest.
My work is make sure everything is working good before the guest arrive, I can ensure the AC was working good before and after you were in the hotel

We have a small reatsurant with 5 choices wich you can find in our website,recently we opened an italian restaurant in the hotel, also if you walk no more than 3 blocks away you will find a few restaurants such as: another Italian restaurant, Chinesse restaurant, local food, sea food, local food and fast food and fried chicken everything in the same area no more than 3 blocks away from the hotel, so if you consider to visit this area you might take this like an advice, I didn´t mention there is a dennys restaurant and Rostipollos on the road to the airport.

We apologize for the small rooms assigned however if you had mentioned any desapoinment easily we could solve your request.

Thank you very much and we would consider your opinion in order to work harder to make up our deficiencies

KInd Regards
Lester Luquez

Travellers are raving about these Alajuela hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

a great place to stay if you're flying in or out of costa rica and need to stay near the airport. it is simple and the staff are very friendly. shuttle was fast and very accommodating, food was good, (love included breakfasts!), the street out front has everything you need for an overnight, and overall it is a good value for a basic comfortable stay. make sure you have some cash on hand as there is not really a bank machine close by.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Patrick M
Thank you for share a review about Airport Hotel Berlor trhough Tripadvisor, we feel so happy about your opinion about Airport Hotel Berlor, we try to do the best in order to make you feel as at home, here we will keep working harder in order to improve our service.
Rembember you are very welcome in Costa Rica and we hope to see you again.

Kind Regards
Lester Luquez :)
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I needed to find an airport minutes away from the airport and this hotel was exactly that. I stayed here last week with my mom and brother upon our arrival to Costa Rica in the evening. And, another night before our departure. The hotel has a very simple and quaint feel to it--no frills. That was all we needed. We were transported from and to the airport at no additional charge, promptly and safely. The staff were absolutely courteous and pleasant wanting only to make us as comfortable as possible. They were also very helpful in giving tips on how best to make our way to another town my family and I were visiting by way of taxis and buses. And I must mention that the morning we were leaving Costa Rica, our flight was very early and therefore we expected to miss breakfast because it begins at 7am and we'd be gone by before then. The young lady that prepares breakfast was also there early prepping for the day and saw that we were getting ready to check out. She so thoughtfully offered to prepare breakfast for us if we had a bit of spare time before leaving...which we did have. So we had another lovely and delicious breakfast for the trip ahead. It was the perfect hotel for a quick stop over in any direction. Our rooms were clean, bathrooms had hot water, good water pressure, pizza dinner inside the hotel was pretty good, breakfast options easy and delicious, and staff was lovely! I'd absolutely stay here again the next time I go and need to pop in to rest and freshen up before visiting family in other distant towns.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Silvia,

My co-workers and I remember you with great affection and we work hard in order to provide a good service in order to make our guest feel as at home, and we have seen we made a good job with you :) so we take the oportunity to send greetings to your family (your mom and Dario; your brother) Our location is just a plus for our guest, we provide the airport pick up to ensure our guest arrive safe to the hotel as well we provide a shuttle service to the airport, so you in 5 minutes will be at the airport to get your flight on time. We work in a familiar enviroment where we want to benefit to our guest providing a good service and after I read and shared your review with my co-workers we are pleased to have done our job very well, beyond of a job, it´s our responsability to be aware of your needs and requests. So always that we can help we will do it in order to make your staying with us very pleasent, hopefully we wish you and your family visit us again.

Our Best Wishes
Lester Luquez Cano & Hotel Berlor Staff
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Excellent stay, nice pool, awesome staff, great breakfast. I arrived late at night, approx midnight, greeted me at the door, asked me what time I'd like to wake up, and what time I would like my breakfast. Drove me to my next location the next morning & was treated like a friend not just a customer. Would definitely stay again! Super close to the airport too:)

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Friend :)
We feel so happy when we have a review like this one,
That´s make us feel that we did not have a guest, but a good friend.
thank you so much for sharing your opinion with other travellers, we will focus on your experience during your stay with us in order to make more friends while people visit our hotel,
Remember that you will be always very welcome in our little hotel, meanwhile we will work to improve our service, so your next visit could be better :)
Best wishes
Lester Luquez C
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Came up from quepos to grab a nice night sleep before heading to the airport at 3:30 in the morning. It was a gated, secure hotel located off a better-than-most road in San Jose (about 1 km easy drive to airport). We were greeted at the front door, signed a paper and were directed to the room, very easy.

The room reeked of air freshener, and soon we found out that it was most likely due to the bathroom. Horrible stench coming from both the toilet and the sink. This greatly bothered us but whatever, this is a 1-day stop hotel, so we dealt with it.

We ordered dinner for 7 o clock, and got it right on time. The food was filling but we were promise a tropical drink with the $15 dollar meal, and when we asked they said "no" or "fanta?". That was weird and not as advertised. Anyways the filet mignon was good! Not great, but it was filling and satisfying. Would recommend.

We then headed to bed with another round of beers, which actually were reasonably priced in comparison to other places on CR.

The driver picked us up in the morning right on time as was very nice, perhaps the other reviews got a driver on a bad day.

All in all a decent place!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
we have read and analized your helpful review where in a good way you show the very important details that we have to improve,
We try to make the check in a short time, because the most of our guest wants to rest at their arrival, Also our location allows you to reach to the airport on time to get your flight (5 minutes from the hotel)
We have reported about any issue about the drainage that could be cause a bad smell in the room after we read your opinion, and we apologize about your bad experience with this,

Certainly we made a mistake to not inform you that there were not natural drinks included with the dinner that night, so we wanted solve this detail offering a soda instead of the natural drink,
Anyway thank you for recommend our dinner even after the mistake we have done.

The price of the drinks that we offer here are the same that you could find in any other restaurant or bar of the area.

About the driver who picked up you at the hotel that morning probably wasn't the same ;) that´s why I have been working during the night shift for the last 3 months, so I really enjoy sharing and talking with our guest during their stay at our hotel.

Best Wishes

Lester Luquez C
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Nice room, They got me a room last minute and were very helpful. Lester picked me up even though my flight got in very late. There was a pool but only stayed to sleep but it looked nice. Bfast too! Good place near San Jose airport and reasonable price.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo