“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 59 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

As I m sure you have gathered my wife and I were more than impressed with the Eukaria. I booked it as a place to rest our heads after a long day of traveling. We arrived late and were greeted by Steven and Nat who made us feel so welcome and could not have been more friendly. It was in the morning tho after a fantastic breakfast that they really shone. Steven called the hire car company to come and collect us, they talked us through their top tips for our tour of Costa Rica and even sorted out a local SIM card and credit so we were truly good to go. All that in less than 10 hours! We also stayed on our last night and once again we had an excellent stay and due to an early flight Steven even saw us off at 4.20 in the morning! Excellent!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We found them "by accident" from Germany via Internet. The idea was looking for a cheap and simple place only for the first night. But this turned in a lot more ... Steven an Natalia are (without beeing asked) outstanding helpful and nice.

After the first night and the warm welcome (even our booking was linkt to the qrong day and they must improvice - for sure not their mistake with our booking) we decided to stay again for two more nights at the end of our trip and it turns in a "family like" feeling in the end. Without that outstanding engagement we had missed plenty perspektives to this country and it`s people. Thanks for all!

This is only marked as an B&B but offers much more from our Point of view - all driven by the engagement of it`s owners. We will defenitely come back.

Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

we found this place by accident as we needed a hotel near the airport for the first night. it was the BEST start ever! we came back even two days before the vacation ended to stay there another two nights just because the couple that runs the hotel is SO nice, helpful and lovely and the area around also worth a lot of trips.
Breakfast: muy rica !!!! Steven and Natalia: gorgeous people!!

Room Tip: all rooms are nice, if you prefer a private bathroom ask upfront for.
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This B&B is only a few minutes drive from the airport. It's located in a small House with a Garden. My room, the Greek room, was very nice and clean. So far everything Good. What Makes this Place Special are the Hosts Natalie and Steven. They are very warm People and try to make their guests Feel comfortable. They introduced me to other guests and all of them have been as nice as the Managers. Two italian guests were Cooking Dinner for the Hosts and invited me as well. What a nice Start of my Solo Trip!
Be aware that this is Not a Hotel with full facilities, its more like staying at your Friends House.
I can highly recommend Casa Eukaria if you are lookind for a home away from home.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank YellowCrazyFish
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was looking for relatively inexpensive and convenient lodging for my first and last nights in Costa Rica. I had seen a bit of San Jose on my last visit to CR, so wasn't interested in being near the city center this time- just needed a place near the airport to transition to/from my international flights to my Osa/Golfo Dulce travels. The first night I had a room with too much outside light penetration (due to a florescent bulb right outside the window and sheer curtains), but my second night was much better (the latter was the "Rustic" room I believe). There is fairly significant street noise, as this is an urban area on a noisy street- but it's nothing that a pair of earplugs for sleeping won't solve. Besides convenience and value, the reason to stay here are the hosts- Steven and Natalia are genuinely kind and all-around great proprietors. The importance of this cannot be overstated, they are a couple of the sweetest people you're likely to meet in your travels. And if Natalia has made some mango cake, be sure to get yourself some- delicious!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Las Peñitas, Leon, Nicaragua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

The stars aligned when I searched 'Hotels near the airport'. I was planning a little visa run from Nicaragua to visit my spanish teacher who had recently moved there. I stayed there for 4 nights and had an incredible time. Steven and Nat are amazing hosts that did everything they could to make my stay great. The rooms are perfect and breakfast, which was included was perfect. Coffee was also included. My only problem was that most people arrive in the evening and leave in the morning so I didn't get to meet many people. Steven and Nat provided me with all the company I needed. When my friend came from San Jose, they did everything they could to help her find the place and treated her like a guest of thier own. They will help arrange anything from taxi's to tours or anything you need. If you have rented a car, they will rent you a phone with an incredible GPS app. Also they have a wide range of delivery menues if you want to order in. Thanks guys for an amazing little holiday!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Playa Negra, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I arrived late actually early in the morning and was greeted with a smile as well as
a warm welcome. Steven had everything ready and I had a ample and clean spaces to handle my paddle boards and got a restful sleep. In the morning Steven was already geared up for the day and made me breakfast and introduced me to another guest and we had interesting conversation. Steven called a friendly taxi driver and I was on my way again. I will stay again next time I am in Alajuela.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business