“Scary”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alajuela
Costa Rica Airport Lodge
Ranked #42 of 61 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Treasure Island, Florida
“Scary”
Reviewed 17 August 2011

In all fairness we didn't stay. We arrived at the hotel late at night. I have been in some rough areas before but this looked bad. When we pulled up it was on some dark side street with no lights at all. It was steel bars and steel mesh grating with what looked like somebody spray painted hotel over top. I looked at the cab driver and said keep moving. I was not comfortable at all.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank office1503

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Johnny, the owner, is super chill and laid back and a great host at El Cacique. It's a small hostel-style hotel, but perfect for the after/before airport visit. I felt safer here than I did at the second hotel we stayed at in Alajuela (we did El Cacique arriving and Alajuela Backpackers departing). We wished we'd stayed at El Cacique instead. Johnny was super helpful and gave us great advice. It can be a little noisy since you're super close to the airport, so if you're a light sleeper you may want ear plugs--that and the birds get very excited about morning. But if you're trying to keep your trip economical, I think you'll be pleased.

Room Tip: Book one with a private bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JenniJae
Punta Uva
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Perfect for me, and my family...What do you want when you have a stayover in San Jose for a flight? Clean, safe, affordable place, and easy to get to and from the airport... why share a bathroom or pay close or more than 4100 for what you need....Well, El Cacique is all of those, plus John is very helpful and will go out of his way to meet your needs, plus he is a certified guide in Costa Rica...The bathrooms are perfectly clean and new, the TV as well, and the internet was fast and easy to use from my room. My wife and kids have stayed here without me as well and we just love John and his hotel and know that other people we've met here and at the hotel feel the same way. Just booked a room for my wife who is travelling alone and needs an airport hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Biriba
Maine
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Very nice and respectable family run business. Safe and secure, comfortable and clean...Although it's very close to the airport I slept like a baby with my fan on, the planes stop running at night anyway. There was also a computer available with internet.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends