“Always a Great Stay!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alajuela
Costa Rica Airport Lodge
Ranked #41 of 58 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Quepos, Costa Rica
“Always a Great Stay!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We found Hotel El Cacique 7 years ago when we needed a place close to the airport for an early morning departure. John made sure we were comfortable, headed us in the right directions for something to eat and gave us a coffee before sending us in a cab to the airport at 5 am!! Since then we have stayed there multiple times, taken family and friends there and sent clients from our business to John and everyone has always been more than satisfied!! Nice to know we can depend on John and Hotel El Cacique for a good night sleep after just arriving in Costa Rica or just getting ready to leave Costa Rica after a great holiday.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank livinthegoodlife2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This was a fantastic place to stay in San Jose. John was fantastic - he collected me from the airport late at night, gave me plenty of information, was really friendly and made sure that I made it to my flight the next day. The rooms are clean, the wi-fi works well and you get a good night's sleep. A short walk from car rental agencies, restaurants and overlooks a park. Stay here!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank LaurenLC
Reviewed 15 July 2012

What an amazing spot! Great view of the valley and mountains! Convient to the airport! Highly recommend staying at hotel cacique! The owner is very accommodating.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Mhaun82
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Good spot if you arrive at the airport (San Jose) and want to crash somewhere close, or a good spot to stay the night before leaving.
Just a short walk from the car rental agencies that serve the airport, too.
Has wireless, which is always convenient.
A little hard to find, but not so bad if you contact Johnny and get specific directions.
Enjoy your stay!
Dan

Room Tip: All rooms are adequate and convenient.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank DaddyBruce
Buena Vista, Colorado
Reviewed 9 July 2012

After being bounced around by the car rental agency and wondering what I had got myself into, I was told of Hotel el Cacique. I was was welcomed there as a long time friend and treated by the family as a guest they had been waiting to arrive. They gave me the comfort I needed and a place to relax for what went from a one night visit to four nights. The helped me by taking me to the bus stations or directing to what I had to do to get around in Costa Rica. I returned to pick-up a friend after 10 days and left things to be protected on my next 2 weeks wondering around. Being only a 10 minute walk from the airport was a Great convinece. Having someone give me advice before I wondered off was very helpful to my 30 day stay, wondering aimlessly.

Room Tip: I liked both down stairs and upstairs, possibly down stairs was a litlle quieter,, but to me it was...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank bunnylanecabins
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Close to the airport - so I easily made my 6:00 AM flight. Johnny was a great host, and speaks English like a US citizen - because he spent a few years in North Carolina as a teenager. He also acted as guide the night before my flight and showed me around the city... and I was so glad I wasn't driving! I would recommend this for anyone on their way to/from the SanJose Airport. And the WiFi worked fine, too.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank bill_writer
Tyler, TX
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This hotel is the ideal spot if your looking for a place to stay after you land in san jose, when your leaving or if you are intending to stay and visit the capital. It is 2 minutes from the airport so when my husband and i land we just walk over. It is located right by the city park and within walking distance from restaurants, a night club, casino and convenient stores. Join the family! Maria, Jose, John and Ringo (their beautiful dog) are extremely hospitable and just cool to chill with. If your looking for a friendly AND CLEAN environment this is the place. If you need a favor, for a very fair price they will help you out if available. Plus they have water beer and breakfast, what more would you need?

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple