My husband and I stayed in November 2012, and we purchased the stay through Groupon. We were a little skeptical after reading all of the reviews (bad food, lock down after 9 PM, etc.) but we ended up having such a wonderful time during our stay. The staff seemed very shy and humble, but were always eager to help. It was very tranquil and sometimes it felt as if we were the only guests staying at the resort. We loved how breezy it was during that week - at night we would even sleep with the large windows wide open. We knew we wouldn't enjoy the restaurant as much because we aren't vegetarians. In the mornings we'd have fruit for breakfast and that was enough to get us energized for the day. We're not coffee drinkers, so that wasn't a problem. We didn't try any of the spa services as we were out having our own adventures through Costa Rica. We'd find local restaurants for dinner and return promptly at sun set. The front gate was closed at night, but they always have a security guard available to open it for you. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and families, and if we have the opportunity to travel back to Costa Rica we would stay at this resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asclepios (honoring the Greek God of Health) is located in Alajuela, Costa Rica and offers its guests 12 rooms which evoke the most important medical traditions of the world, together with a regulated ionized swimming pool, amphitheatre, fitness center, exercise pavilion, sauna, hammam, nature paths, 6 treatment lodges, a relaxation room and a Conference room.We are located on the edge of a tropical forest with views of the surrounding sugar cane and coffee plantations, mountains and volcanoes.We work with a team of selected holistic practitioners and highly skilled spa therapists. We have put together a great understanding and passion for physical, emotional and spiritual health resulting in great wellbeing.Asclepios also seeks to educate in environmental appreciation and conservation. It is built in siding and brick, two sustainable materials. We use thermal solar collectors and take advantage of natural ventilation and natural lighting. Wild life has been preserved and our primary and secondary forests have been untouched. Our quest is to restore the person’s whole being to its natural state of balance, by correcting such diverse factors as improper diet, sedentary lifestyle, lack of a correct oxygenation, negative thought patterns and their emotional impact, and the lack of rest or restorative sleep, among others.We do this by five Special Wellness Programs that include Detoxification and Revitalization Programs, Stress and Weight Management and the Spa Experience Program.A la carte: Naturopathy, Meditation, Pranayamas, Acupuntura, Floral Therapy, Vichy and Scottish Showers; Kneipp, Shiatsu, Shirodhara, Yoga, Reiki, Tai chi…And, as health also includes your palate: bioenergetic gastronomy, where you can rediscover the original flavors of vegetables, fruits and fish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Asclepios Wellness & Healing Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asclepios Wellness & Healing Retreat Hotel Alajuela
- Asclepios Wellness And Healing Retreat
- Asclepios Wellness & Healing Retreat Costa Rica/Alajuela