“Good for a quick dinner before a short night”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #13 of 196 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Los restaurantes Denny's ofrecen un ambiente casual y un menú variado servido 24 horas al día. Denny’s es conocido por sus desayunos servidos a toda hora, incluyendo el popular Original Grand Slam Breakfast®. El menú de Denny’s también incluye una variedad de platillos especiales, opciones con pollo, carne, pescado y mariscos, hamburguesas, ensaladas y postres.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

As the Hilton has no restaurant and as we had to take an early flight we landed in this closest restaurant. Service was very friendly, menue was trying to counterbalance the fast food with some lighter meals. Overall it was OK.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I've eaten at a number of similar restaurants and this ranks down toward the bottom. The hotel tried to gently steer me away from it, but I was hungry and it was close. Food was marginal even for a Deny's type of rest. Plus it seemed rather expensive. Almost $17 USD for a burger and a soft drink. It does have wifi which worked good.

As I was leaving, the manager asked me how my meal was, so I unloaded on her. She seemed indifferent to my comments. Guess that she has heard it many times before.

I give it 2 stars only because it was clean and I didn't get sick.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We ate at this restaurant the last night before we headed back home. We stayed at a hotel near this restaurant so it was convenient to get there. The restaurant was clean and the food was good. The food was on the expensive side. The staff were friendly.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The only reason i went here is because it was the only place open and i was hungry. Once you've been to 1 Dennys you have been to them all. The food was what i expected. The food of Costa Rica is great, only go here if you don't have any other options.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Denny's Restaurants in San José could just as well be in St. Louis or Santa Barbara: same menu with a few exceptions, typically American monster portions with monster calories. Whoever has enough of rice and beans after travelling in Costa Rica can enjoy cherry pie, burgers, and U.S.-made ice cream. Since I spend a few months in Costa Rica every year, I must admit that I enjoy splurging at Denny's, even though I probably gain two pounds each time.