I stayed here the night before and after my cruise. It was super convenient to the airport and delivered what I expect from a Hampton Inn - clean rooms, good breakfast, and your basic amenities. As a woman traveling alone I felt very safe staying here.
The room was incredibly clean. The beds were comfortable with a nice duvet. I had a king bed that was a bit lumpy but still comfortable, and the 4 pillows were perfect for me (not too hard or soft). There's a fridge and microwave in the room. The bathroom had good water pressure in the shower, a hairdryer and coffee and coffee maker (no tea). If you're a light sleeper, keep the air conditioner on (its noisy) so that you don't hear the airplanes taking off/landing during the night.
If you're like me and watch TV when you're tired you'll be interested to know that the TV stations were evenly Spanish and English (out of Denver) and then 1 each of French, Italian and Chinese. There was also an international film station that features many different languages. They had CNN International in English and CNN Latin America in Spanish.
There's free wi-fi for guests and 3 computers in the business center room. I didn't use/see the pool - it was under renovations while I was there.
There's a Denny's (just like the ones in America) across the street (which is more like a drive way in a complex that includes a casino, car rentals, the Hampton Inn and the Garden Court Hotel). There's no room service, but their guide says that food can be delivered. The breakfast was just like other Hampton Inn breakfasts, and included both eggs, sausage, cereal, bagels, toast, biscuts, tea, coffee, juice, a local dish (which was delicious), and other things. There's a small shop for bottled water, sodas, snacks(microwave popcorn, pretzels, chips, cookies, etc) and toiletries that have normal prices.
To find it when you arrive walk outside of departures, go across the crosswalk and on the sidewalk you'll either see the shuttle with Hampton Inn and Garden Court on it or an employee with a sign and clipboard listing guests arriving that day. The shuttle runs 24/7 so you can be sure that one will arrive soon if it's not there. The shuttle will take you and your luggage directly to the hotel. When catching the shuttle to the airport give yourself extra time. The manager radioed the shuttle after I checked out, but it took about 15-20 minutes for it to arrive. He radioed them twice.
I've seen comments that the staff weren't nice. I'd say that they're okay. They don't fawn over you, but if say hello and have patience I found that they're nice. I felt that they were looking after me. I arrived at 11am (check-in isn't until 2 or 3 pm) after the hotel was at full capacity the night before, and they got me into a room within the hour. And when my husband called while I was in the lobby, a woman at reception that I hadn't talked to before called me over to let me know he was on the phone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An airport hotel with everything you need...welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San José - Airport. If you're looking for a hotel in the Central Valley, home of San José, Costa Rica’s capital city, look no further. Our Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton™ is the most conveniently located hotel in the area, just five minutes away from the International Airport, one block away from rental car return centers, and with easy access the Inter-American Highway (which transports you to beautiful beaches, national parks, and free trade areas). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites By Hilton San Jose Airport
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton San Jose Airport Hotel Alajuela
- Hampton Inn Alajuela
- Alajuela Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn San Jose
- San Jose Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton San Jose Airport Costa Rica/Alajuela