“Very clean with warm warm hospitality”

Hotel Bristol Aeropuerto (Antiguo Villa dolce).
Ranked #32 of 61 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This bed and breakfast was a slight adventure to find, but the rented GPS took us right to it. Once we arrived, we found a lovely little property with large, clean rooms, airconditioning, big bathrooms, and the warmest hospitality. I heard about the pizza he makes every night and wished for some but we missed it. However, he kindly whipped us up sandwiches and drinks to satisfy our late night hunger. I felt like I'd arrived at my long lost uncle's house. The next morning, we had a beautiful breakfast prepared by his daughter, as we sat on the patio and watched the birds in the foliage. There's a nice pool, beautifully landscaped. A wonderful home base for a few days in Alajuela. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Actually, I didn't see a fitness center...and I only said very good on location because it's...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Bristol Aeropuerto (Antiguo Villa dolce).

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed at Hotel Villa Dolce recently on our last night in Costa Rica and had a wonderful experience. We needed a place to stay near the airport for one night while in transit, and this was perfect. Jessica, the host and daughter of the owners, made us feel incredibly welcome, as if we were guests of the family. She arranged for their friendly taxi driver Marcos to pick us up at Pavos airport and then drop us off at Juan Santamaria airport early the following morning. Our family of 5 (three generations) stayed in a two-story villa with a ton of space at reasonable rates. The kids loved the pool, and since it was Sunday and most restaurants nearby were closed, Jessica called and ordered take-out lunch for us, which we ate while watching the Euro soccer finals on TV. Later, we took a walk through the nearby residential neighborhood. For dinner, Jessica's father made delicious pizza (he is from Italy and makes a fantastic thin-crust pie). The restaurant and reception area is in a restored farm house with beautiful wood work. The family also has two small friendly dogs -- one of our children often has issues with dogs, but these two were super-gentle and he loved them. If you need a place to stay near the airport, or as a base near San Jose, Hotel Villa Dolce is a great choice. We hope to return one day. Thanks again, Jessica and family!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

HOLA Matt & lovely family, thanks a million for taking the time to write this great review. You are so great !! It was a pleasure to have you here. YES, let´s hope we will meet again in the future. Thanks again and take good care.

I also wish to say thank you to all the guests who posted the latest reviews on Villa Dolce. Thanks for the kind words and any comments. It is because of your comments we can keep we can keep improving our service, rooms and villas so keep them coming.

To all of you, many blessings,
Jessica

Reviewed 25 June 2012

After a long and tiring flight from the UK what a joy to arrive at this wonderful hotel.Franco ,Maria and Jessica looked after me as if I was one of their family.The staff are all very polite and nothing is to much bother.My room was in very good decorative order and furnishing were excellent quality.My matteress was very comfortable,I asked if I could take it back with me, unfortunately it wouldn't fit in my suitcase. What can I add to what the other reviews have said,Franco's Pizza are briiliant, he learned the art as a young man in Italy (I'm still waiting for the recipe JESSICA).The hotel is a short drive from airport ideal to use as a base to see this exotic country.Fruit you see in the supermarket here in the UK are growing in the fields in CR I will never look a pinapple or mango again without thinking of this beautiful country. penguin

Room Tip: Arrange a massage at reception.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have visited Costa Rica several times and have often needed a place to stay the day before leaving San Jose the next morning. This is a perfect place for that. The staff is very friendly; the rooms are clean; the dinners are tasty; and the pool area is sunny and inviting. The neighborhood is quite commercialized but there is no reason to go out. I often travel alone and the hotel is quite safe and surprisingly quiet - an oasis of calm and bright colors. I would definitely stay here again and appreciated their getting me to the airport very inexpensively and in plenty of time to catch my plane. I would not hesitate to recommend this very simple but convenient hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband Gene & I have become close friends to Jessica and we just loving going over for her Father's great Pizza and just to visit. It's lovely, comfortable and very welcoming homely type hotel. I'd recommend to anyone that would love to visit and reasonably priced. Enjoy.
Maria Warneke

Room Tip: Any room will do...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My wife and I highly recommend staying at Hotel Villa Dolce if you fly into or out of San Jose on your way to other destinations in Costa Rica. The hotel is only about 6 minutes from the airport. The grounds and facilities are very well maintained and quite attractive. The pool is large enough to do laps and the gardens are full of tropical butterflies and birds. Their cozy restaurant provides delicious pizzas. The owner, Franco, is Italian born and his pizzas are simply delicious. Also, the staff were all very helpful and polite and had several suggestions as what to see and how to get around Costa Rica.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Needed a place to stay close to SJO Airport since we were flying in around midnight. From my web searches, HVD looked good. On the way there, I got a bit worried, as we seemed to be getting into an industrial area w/ lots of trucks and warhouse-type bldgs, and such. But when we were cordially greeted at 1AM by the staff member and given a nice little cabina to accomodate our needs, rooms were clean and nice, I felt relieved. In the morning, I saw that this was indeed a lovely little oasis in a working area. Everyone was very nice and helpful, and the breakfast was very good. I would definitely stay here again if I needed a place to stay near SJO.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alajuela
Hotel La Rosa de America
Hotel Trapp Family Country Inn
Villa Margarita
Villa Margarita
#1 of 2 in La Garita

Been to Hotel Bristol Aeropuerto (Antiguo Villa dolce).? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Bristol Aeropuerto (Antiguo Villa dolce).

Address: El Coyol de Alajuela | De la Rotonda del coyol 300 m este, Frente al antiguo Rancho Maba,, Alajuela 20101, Costa Rica
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Alajuela > Alajuela
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #32 of 61 B&Bs / Inns in Alajuela
Price Range: £43 - £77 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hotel Bristol Aeropuerto (Antiguo Villa dolce). 2.5*
The Hotel Bristol Aeropuerto (before Hotel Villadolce) is located 7 minutes away from the Juan Santa Maria Airport connected by one of the main roads of the country, the Bernardo Soto Expressway. In the same way the Hotel Bristol Airport, connects directly to different routes with the interior of the country, such as: Route 27. By means of the Radial El Coyol only 150 meters away, San José- Puntarenas via La Bernardo Soto, Alajuela San Jose, through the General Cañas. As well as Alajuela Atenas by Route 3 among others. A place that despite being very close to the city is surrounded by nature and with a traditional atmosphere of the Villas of the West of the Great Central Plateau of Costa Rica. We have 7 types of rooms at your disposal, all with amenities and complementary services so that your stay in our hotel is pleasant and relaxing. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Bristol Aeropuerto (Antiguo Villa dolce). reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Dolce Hotel Alajuela