We had the pleasure of staying 5 nights at this hotel, and loved everything about it!
- We stayed in an Ultra Villa with a panoramic view of the Central Valley; spacious & well appointed in the style of the locale; it had a locking gate entrance way to our room; a large veranda, w/ 2 lounge chairs, shielded on all sides for privacy; glass walled bathroom, tub & shower looking out onto a second private patio area.
- Beautiful, well landscaped secluded grounds.
- Very nice on-property trails w/waterfall.
- An amazing hillside pool (one of 3 pools), perfect for swimming & sunning, with a great view!
- The food was very good & amazingly reasonably priced; restaurant is open air with a beautiful view; we discovered that they are not rigid about the meal hours (especially if you want to catch a late lunch after losing track of time sunning!), so if just a little late, the staff was eager to still accommodate us .
- The spa area is pretty basic, set in a tropical garden with cabanas. We did have a good massages, preceded by a private hot tub, again, overlooking the valley.
- And finally, every staff member did everything they could to make us feel genuinely welcome at their property & in their country.
When we arrived back home, I noticed a billing error for an extra night. I called the hotel, they corrected it with no problem, and issued the credit immediately.
I would return for a stay here at a moments notice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Xandari is a 40-acre plantation with botanical gardens, orchid house and over 5 kms of nature trails including five waterfalls. Xandari is the creation of an architect-artist couple, with 24 spacious villas overlooking the Central Valley. Only 20 minutes from Juan Santamaria International Airport. In addition, three fabulous swimming pools, including the new 125 ft. Long Sunset Pool with a stunning view, and two outdoor jacuzzis. The restaurant serves fresh, continental and Costa Rican menu, featuring many organic fruits and vegetables from our own gardens. Xandari Spa Village is harmoniously integrated with nature and consists of a Yoga Room and five private palm-roofed jalapas with jacuzzi perched on a mountain ridge, where natural ingredients are used in massages and body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Xandari Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xandari Resort And Spa
- Xandari Hotel Alajuela
- Xandari Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Alajuela