We recently made our second family trip to Costa Rica. On our first visit, we had an excellent stay at the Xandari Resort and decided to visit again for the first and last nights of our trip. During our last visit, the bakery staff made an AMAZING cake for my wife's birthday and I dearly hoped they could help us again. I contacted Lucy from the Xandari and she arranged for another amazing cake surprise! She also helped arrange for transportation to and from the airport.
As with our last visit, we found the staff at the Xandari to be pleasant and friendly. The food was excellent and the view from the dining area is always a treat! During the day we could see birds flitting about among the trees and during the evening we were treated to an spectacular view of the valley and the lights of the city.
The trail leads to several waterfalls and is a great little adventure for the family with excellent pictures of the falls and the country side. Be careful about starting out too late, however, since it gets dark pretty quickly! The grounds of the resort are spectacular! They lovingly maintain a beautiful view of flowers and plants along the trails, villas, and pools. We felt like the entire resort was one gorgeous botanical garden! The sunset pool is a must-do activity with an amazing view of the valley.
Simply put, We cannot recommend the Xandari enough! It is listed as Number 1 on Tripadvisor for a reason!
We'd like to specially thank Lucy for helping arrange the amazing cake for my wife's birthday!
- The Birthday Cake!
- Nature Trails and Waterfalls
- The Sunset pool
- The food quality and service
.... no complaints here....
- If you're not driving, I suggest arranging transport through the Xandari. A driver was waiting to pick us up with our name on a sign. No fuss at all!
- If you're going to see the waterfalls, the staff offers walkie talkies. You might want to consider taking one along. The trails can be tricky, especially when it's rainy.
- If you take the trails after 4-4:30, take a flashlight just in case. Lat year we got caught out in near total darkness when the high valley walls blocked out the setting sun. Luckily, we had a flashlight and avoided sprained ankles or worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Xandari Resort & Spa offers the quintessential Costa Rica experience. The property’s forest reserve, with five waterfalls and miles of trails for bird-watching, provides the nature guests expect from a visit to Costa Rica. The landscaped gardens, the orchid house, and the farm all provide an additional abundance of tropical goodness. The Spa provides ample opportunity to unwind, to relax, to absorb the surrounding nature. All 24 villas, each uniquely designed and set within lush foliage, have spectacular views. And three times a day, our restaurant demonstrates the role of local cuisine in giving visitors an authentic sense of place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Xandari Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xandari Resort And Spa
- Xandari Hotel Alajuela
- Xandari Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Alajuela